Seventeen

"You've got to be fucking kidding me."

Serenity hustled across the street, her eyes focused on the apartment building. Her heart beat rapidly not from her quick pace but from the familiar voice. The vibrations it sent through her body was a dangerous feat and she had to get away.

"Serenity! Wait!" Angelo gripped onto her arm and snatched her back into his chest.

"Let me go, Angelo!" She yelled, pushing against his chest. People around them simply kept walking, heads down, minding their own business.

"Look, bella. Code says I have to kill you for putting your hands on a Costello member. Obviously I don't want to do that so just come with me and we'll work something out." Angelo quieted her down, his voice calm.

"Fuck her and you! She put her hands on me first, something you probably put her up to, she's lucky she's not in a body bag!" Serenity snatched her arm from his grasp and pushed him away from her. Her finger waved in his face as she remembered the woman's actions.

"You think I'd have some puttana put her hands on you?" Serenity noticed his eyes darken as he growled out the sentence.

"I wouldn't be surprised." Her stare of disgust didn't match the fluttering in her stomach. Angelo looked even better than she'd last recalled and her body could never forgot how skilled he was.

"I see you've lost your mind over the last year." Angelo sarcastically remarked before he stepped closer. Although her mind told her to step back, her body remained in its place, aching for his embrace.

"It's actually been a year, six months, and twenty four days." Her eyes widened as her mouth seemed to run itself. Knots formed in her stomach at the revelation. It had been her own dark secret that she'd been counting the days since Angelo had left- her heart breaking with each one passing.

Angelo stood frozen before a large smile slipped on to his face. Serenity closed her eyes in frustration- cursing her big mouth.

"Tesoro. Come here." Opening her eyes, she found that familiar look in his eyes. One she had yet to place.

"I have a boyfriend!" The statement was more of a reminder to herself as she felt her body begin moving towards him. Regardless of how she felt for Angelo, Lucas didn't deserve a woman who fell for the charm of another man.

"What's that got to do with me?"

"You're right. It's got nothing to do with you and neither do I." With that, she turned and began her trip back towards her apartment. However she was once again stopped and pulled into Angelo's chest.

"You've got everything to do with me. Doesn't matter what you say to me, bella. Your body has already told me what you really want." He whispered into her ear. Serenity felt her body heat at the contact. She felt his lips trail down her neck before he placed a kiss just below her ear.

"Angelo." Silence followed her statement even she wasn't sure why she'd called his name. His hands spun her around but never left their place on her waist.

"I told you, you were mine Serenity." As his head dipped, her breathing caught in her throat, and her head leaned up in anticipation. He brushed his lips against hers and Serenity nearly exploded at the contact. He made no further move and she realized he wanted her to complete their kiss- an acceptance of his words.

With no hesitation she connected their lips, shivers crawling across her skin. He wasted no time in matching her pace as she hungrily kissed him as if to make up for the time lost. Serenity felt completely engulfed in his embrace and fireworks erupted in bright hues behind her eyelids. Finally pulling away, she rested her forehead against his, too afraid to open her eyes.

"Come on." He pulled her in the direction of her apartment building and she knew exactly what was on his mind as it played vividly in her own.

"We can't. I can't." She pulled at his hand to stop him this time. Guilt now overcame her being as she looked down at the cupcake in her hands. How could she do this to Lucas?

"Then I'll do it." Angelo spoke, his voice firm.

"He's a good guy, Angelo. Just give me some time." She pleaded as she stopped him once again. His eyes held anger but she could tell he understood her reasoning.

"24 hours."

"Go fuck yourself." She rolled her eyes. There was no way she could break it off with Lucas in 24 hours. She wanted to cause the least amount of damage possible.

"I'd rather make love to you, bella." He pulled her into his chest and Serenity could feel just how bad he'd wanted her. She bit her lip, her willpower slipping.

"Give me a couple days, please." Angelo's face hardened before he took a step back from their embrace. Serenity nearly whimpered at the loss of heat.

"I leave for Italy in a day. You're coming with me whether you've broken it off or not." This time Serenity's face hardened.

"Excuse me?" She jerked her head back at his statement. There was a lot of things Serenity was willing to put up with but this was not one of them.

"Would you like me to say it in Italian?" His voice dripped just as much attitude as her own.

"Angelo, I'm not leaving New York. My life, my career, everything I know is here." She folded her arms across her chest. Angelo looked unamused which further irritated her.

"I'm not here." As if he'd said something jaw dropping, he cocked an eyebrow in arrogance. While the statement was true and held weight to Serenity, she'd be a fool to run off to Italy without any solid back up plans.

"That's not-"

"Serenity? Who's this?"
————