Thirty Three

"Would you, please, sit the fuck down?" Serenity groaned out as Vinni danced in front of the T.V. They had been watching high school musical and much to her dismay, Vinni knew every word.

"No! No! Stick to the status quo, Listen well. I'm ready to tell about a need that I cannot deny!" He sang as he danced around the living room. She couldn't help but laugh as he animatedly sung the words- his size a contradiction to his movements.

Her phone chimed but she ignored it as she continued to laugh at Vinni's antics. Soon it chimed again. Then again. And again. And again.

"Jesus Christ. Who died?" She whispered before picking up the device- it's chiming yet to stop. Her eyes caught numerous texts from Tate and Kim while hundreds of emails poured in from different agents.

Before she could even open one, her phone rung, Gandy's name flashing across her phone.

"Hello?"

"Get to your office. Now." He ordered before hanging up. A chill ran down her spine at the sudden influx of communications. Hopping up from the couch, she jogged up to her room to change from her pajamas.

"Woah. Where you goin?" Vinni questioned as he watched her slip on her jeans.

"Work. There's an emergency." She briefly described as she threw on a black hoodie. Because it was her off day, she wasn't expected to show up in business attire.

"Ahh, I see. Text me when you get there?" He wrapped her in a quick hug before she bolted to the garage. Throwing her car in reverse, she quickly backed from the driveway. Arriving at the department in less than an hour later, she quickly passed all the security measures and jogged to her office.

"Serenity! Follow me." Gandy instructed just as she placed her purse in her desk. Hustling to catch up, she followed him into a meeting room. Numerous agents were sitting around the table and she quickly sat in the chair between Tate and Kim.

"The hells going on?" She whispered to Tate. He went to open his mouth before Gandy interrupted.

"Alright people! We got a big one on our hands. The Italian government has enlisted our help in getting the daughter of David Cavil the third- miss Genevieve Cavil. It's rumored that she's been held hostage for the last 3 years but from these photos it looks more like she's playing the field. Regardless, that is not for us to decide, we just do our jobs as asked of us." He turned on the smart board and a picture of the woman popped up on screen.

The woman's vibrant blue eyes pulled Serenity in and she nearly winced at how beautiful the woman was. As she suspected, a picture of Angelo and Genevieve popped up on screen forcing Serenity to look away. She played it off by reaching down to fix her sock- the position increasing the sick feeling that fell over her. Looking up, she was met with another picture that pushed her over the edge. Angelo had his arm around her, smiles splitting their faces.

"As you know the Costello family has been nothing but a nuisance to our country. Now they're wrecking so much havoc in their own country we must interfere." Serenity bit her lip harshly as her eyes began to sting. The vibrating of her phone made her look down, Angelo's name sat at the top of the screen and she quickly declined the call before going into her contacts to block his number.

"So Serenity and Tate will be our ground agents here. They will be conducting and processing all our research but will be mobile if the occasion arises. Teams two and three will be heading to Italy promptly at 6am Monday morning." Her leg began to bounce as her sadness was replaced with anger. Had he been playing her the whole time? Some American side piece while his girl waited back in Italy? Had she been that stupid?