Fifty One

Angelo's POV

It was almost 8am when the jet finally landed. Angelo had yet to hear from Vinni about Serenity and his nerves were fried. The games were over. The urge to kill someone had only been this strong when his mother was murdered when he was 10.

"Dada, where are we?" Just like that his urge was suppressed and his mood lightened.

"We're back in America, figlio. We have to find your mommy." He cooed to the sleepy child. Luciano rubbed his eyes before crawling into Angelo's lap. Angelo wrapped his arms tightly around the boy, vowing that no matter what happens no harm would come to his son.

"The car is here, sir. Your bags have been placed inside." Angelo hopped up from the seat and hurriedly made his way towards the car. Climbing into the back, he strapped Luciano in before he signaled for the driver to go.

Just as they made it within Serenity's neighborhood, his cellphone began ringing. Noticing it was Vinni's contact he immediately answered the phone.

"Tell me something good." He bit his lip as silence met his ears.

"I got her computer hacked. She was meeting with some guy named Marvin. I'm headed to his office now, but that feeling...I-I feel it too." Vinni stuttered out, his voice shaking slightly.

"Send me the address." Angelo spoke, his tone cold. The minute he laid eyes on this Marvin he was going to put a bullet between his eyes. Just as the thought crossed his mind, his eyes flickered to a sleeping Luciano. Guilt filled him before he shook it off- confusion clear on his face.

Guilt? Angelo rarely felt guilty about killing but between Serenity and Luciano he was becoming weak. Was this what loving made a man into?

"We're here sir." Stepping from the car, Angelo turned to make sure Luciano was still sleeping before softly closing the door.

"Over here." Came a whistle and Angelo turned to see Vinni getting out of a black truck. The parking lot only held their cars and a black Benz. Just as the pair met, a large black van pulled into the lot. Two men in hazmat suits jumped from the front before they began unloading industrial cleaning supplies.

"Crime scene clean up." Vinni pointed out before they both rushed towards the doors.

"Hey! You can't go in-" the man was ignored as they both filed into the building. Everything seemed okay. There was a calmness about the once bustling medical building that made Angelo even more alert.

Stepping back outside, he grabbed his gun and pointed it at one of the men. He dropped all his supplies and quickly placed his hands up.

"Show me what you came here to clean." Angelo ordered using his gun to usher the man towards the building. Vinni came out, weapon drawn, and pushed the other man forwards as well.

"Alright! Okay. But at least put these on, please?" The man held up shoe covers, his hand shaking and Angelo snatched the plastic from the man. Cocking his pistol he pressed it to the man's temple.

"Do I look like a fucking joke to you?" He growled. The man eagerly shook his head, sweat now spilled down his face. "Then fucking move."

"I-It's the 5th floor. We were t-told it's from the staircase all the way up the hall and in Phillips office." He muttered as they got into the elevator. Angelo felt bile rise in his throat.

"Did they tell you what happened?" Vinni, the more level headed person, asked calmly.

"Not really. Two people got into a scuffle, one dead." The casual tone of the man made Angelo want to blow his brains out in the elevator but his finger stopped as the door opened. There was yellow police tape wrapped around the entire floor and they slowly followed it.