Thirty

Walking down the stairs, Serenity scrolled through her emails. She was off today but she never truly had an off day as she kept in communication with agents 24/7. Angelo had left one of Adrena's dresses, for her to wear, laid across the bed. Because of her figure it was now bodycon, but still fit loose enough for her to be comfortable.

"Watch it!" A deep voice warned and Serenity quickly stopped her movement. One of Angelo's men stood in front of her with a cup in his hand.

"Sorry, I should have been looking at where I was going. I'll just get out your way." She smiled shyly as she stepped to the side in the hallway. He nodded stiffly before continuing down the hallway.

Serenity finally found Frank's room and softly knocked. Her heart raced at the silence and she quickly pushed open the door. An empty room greeted her before she remembered they enjoyed having breakfast together.

As she stepped into the dining room, a silence fell over the once rowdy men. They all seemed to avoid looking at her and her faced heated as she realized they'd probably heard how her night went.

"Good morning, tesoro!" The joyful voice of Frank made a smile appear on her face and she rounded the table to place a kiss to his cheek.

"Good morning, Frank. How are you feeling?"

"I'm alright. Some days are better than others," her heart went out to him as she knew how high you could feel one day only to come crashing down the next. "I would ask how you're feeling, but last night let everyone know you're feeling marvelous." He joked.

"Frank!" She called in surprise. Once again her cheeks heated in embarrassment as snickers erupted at the table. He laughed heavily, the sound reassuring to her, as it was healthier than she'd heard from him before.

"Ahem." All sounds once again died at the clearing of Angelo's throat. Surprisingly, he was dressed in black sweats and a white crew neck. Serenity felt her body heat at this new side of Angelo.

Averting her eyes before he saw her lustfull gaze, she looked down at her phone. The screen lit up with yet another email but a text from Tate caught her eyes.

Guess who has a date with Jonathan tonight? The text made her smile brightly. Tate had been stressing over getting the attention of an agent- Jonathan Niles- even Serenity couldn't deny that Jonathan was a looker. His blonde hair, blue/green eyes, and sharp jaw made him easily the talk of women all across the department.

"Who the hell is Tate?" Frank loudly questioned, anger clear in his tone. Serenity snapped up to see him glaring at the phone and she felt her heart rate pick up- she'd never seen this side of him. She could only imagine how scary he'd been when he was in his prime. It was clear Angelo received his temper from his father.

"He's a friend. Why you in my phone, sir?" She kept her tone light and placed a playful smile on her face. Frank eyed her for any sign of deception.

"Mmhh they're always a friend. You're my future daughter-in-law, I gotta make sure you don't realize there's better out there before you marry my boy." He joked back as he elbowed her side. A part of her was glad that he didn't make something out of nothing and returned her playful tone.

"I'll kill any bastard that dares to even think about speaking to Serenity in that way." Angelo inserted himself into the conversation- his face serious.

"Clearly." She remarked before she'd realized what she'd really said. A wave of regret washed over her and she squeezed her eyes closed. Lucas please forgive me. She whispered in her mind.

"Well that escalated quickly." Frank let out a breath before slowly standing from the chair next to her. Serenity rushed to place a hand out in case he needed the support, but allowed him to do it on his own.