51

****

A loud groan escaped my dry lips. "Signs of life!", a very loud voice cried. I let out another groan and rolled over. I tentatively opened my eyes, immediately squeezing them shut as the light burned my corneas. "There's water on your nightstand", Olivia's voice sounded from beside me, a hint of laughter behind her words, "I would highly suggest drinking it".

My head pounded, every slight movement causing aches to run through my entire body. I slowly pushed myself up and peaked through my eyelashes at the blurry faces of the rest of the Hufflepuff girls. "How are you feeling?", Skye smiled sympathetically. I was opening my mouth to ask what had happened, when memories of the previous night flooded my head. I shot up, not caring about the shooting pain in my head.

"No", I breathed, "No, no, no". Maggie and Liv exchanged a look. I paced back and forth, running my hands through my hair. I had kissed Sirius. I actually kissed Sirius. I had not only done that, but tried to do much more. In a forest. My face heated up and I exhaled loudly. "Okay", I looked around the room, "I can fix this. It's just a little bit of damage control", I said rapidly. The rest of the girls stayed silent.

"Just sit down, Bri", Maggie coasked, placing a gentle hand on my arm. I looked at her and suddenly remembered. "Calum", I groaned. "He's not mad", Maggie whispered, "Don't worry". I buried my head in my hands. How could one person cause so much damage in so little time? "Go back to sleep", I heard someone say. I pulled the covers over my head and let sleep recapture me, desperate to not feel the guilt creeping under my skin.

****

    I stood outside the Gryffindor common room, shifting my weight between my feet nervously. I flattened the skirt of my uniform, trying to find anything at all to do with my hands while I waited. "Hey!", my eyes shot up. "Oh, hi Greg", I breathed the breath I hadn't realized I was holding in. "What are you doing here?", he said, leaning against the wall in a not so casual way.

    "Um", I said, tucking my hair behind my ears, "Just waiting for..." "Sirius", he finished for me, "I figured". I let out a laugh, some of the tension easing out of my body. "I thought you two broke up", he continued. "We did", I rolled my eyes, unable to keep the grin off my face as my little brother's best friend stood in front of  me with his signature goofy smile. "So, what your saying is, you're a free woman now?", he winked. I shoved him and rolled my eyes. "I might be the love of your life, and you'd never know because you didn't give me the chance", he said, throwing his arm around me and ruffling my hair.

    I laughed and pinched his cheek. I was opening my mouth to make a joke when, "Briony?". Greg and I's eyes shot towards the owner of the voice. "Hello, Greg", Sirius lifted his chin in greeting. "Black", Greg said, glancing toward me. I slightly nodded, giving him permission to leave. "I'll see you later, Bri bear", and with that he planted a sloppy kiss on my cheek and dove into the common room. "Bye Greg", I laughed, wiping my cheek with the sleeve of my robe.

    Sirius had an amused look on his face. "We need to talk", I said softly. He nodded. "Let's go somewhere", he said, glancing around at the faces of the passing students, a few leaning over and whispering to each other. I nodded, falling into step with him. A warm gust of air hit my face as he pushed open the door leading to the grounds.

Fireflies drifted through the air and into the blooming trees. My eyes fell upon a secluded bench and I sat. Sirius stayed standing. I exhaled. "I'm so so sorry", I let out quickly. "It's really okay, sunshine", he ran his hands over his face and then through his hair. "Yeah, but it's really not", I laughed shakily, "I should not have gotten that drunk and I should not have yelled at you and I certainly should not have kissed you".

"So you regret it?", Sirius suddenly let out. I blinked, taken aback. "Well, I mean...yes", my eyebrows drew together. "Okay", he said curtly. Confusion filled my body and I stood, crossing my arms. "Well", I took a step away, "That's all I had to say. Have a good night". I turned on my heel, beginning to stalk away. He let out a huff and mumbled, "Figures". I spun around and threw my hands in the air, "Okay, what was that?".

He folded his arms across his chest and stood strong, facing me. "Nothing", he shrugged. "You don't get to be like that", I matched his posture. He raised an eyebrow. "You're the one who broke up with me", I pushed, "You're the one who hurt me. I would've fought for us if you had given me the chance. But you didn't. So don't go around acting like I'm the one who gave up on us".

Then I left him, standing there. My heart was beating out of my chest. I walked through the castle and back to the dormitory. "Oh, hello, Briony", Maggie glanced up, setting down her book. "Where are the rest of the girls?", I questioned, slipping out of my boots and sitting on the edge of her bed. "Amber's with Tanner and the rest are at the library", she said, patting the spot next to her. I scooted closer and let out a soft, "Ah, okay".

Moonlight spilled onto her fluffy white comforter, and I bit my lip. "Look", I said slowly, "I am so sorry". She looked at me softly and smiled. "Bri, it's okay", she said, "Being stuck with the captain of the Ravenclaw Quidditch team is not the worst thing to happen to me in my life". I let out a shaky laugh. "He must hate me", I sighed. She leaned over and put her head on the side of the four poster bed. "He doesn't hate you", she let out, "He's not thrilled, but he knew you weren't over Sirius".

"I am over Sirius", my heart clenched. Maggie shot me a look. "Okay, well what am I supposed to do about it?", I ran my hands through my hair. My heart felt like it was being ripped in two. "If you love him, fight to get him back", Maggie whispered. And it was in that moment that I knew what I was going to do.

****

Author's Note

Hey guys! I know its been a little while but I have been crazy busy. Keep voting, commenting, and reading and there will be more to come. Love y'all!

CCC