6 The Midnight Bombshell What Bombs at Midnight

They weren't joking with that dropping the bombshell hashtag.

The new islander was literally the most gorgeous girl Bobby had ever seen. Model tall with long wavy auburn hair, tawny skin, and a body that surely cost a fortune to perfect. Her silver dress showed off an impossibly small waist and huge, surgically-enhanced breasts. Even the tiny mole high on her cheek was perfectly placed, like a tear for the hearts she planned to break. Her skin shone in the moonlight and she smelled like a sultry tropical garden. She looked exactly like the kind of girl who was there to steal someone's lad.

Or bird. Marisol's eyebrows were up in her hairline as the new girl approached.

Gary whistled low under his breath. Even Noah looked interested, his eyes gleaming. "Mate, I know," he whispered. Gary smirked and Hope glared.

"Hi everyone!" The newcomer waved. "I'm Priya. I'm so excited to meet you!"

No one responded. There was a stunned silence that Bobby couldn't stand. He shot up. "I guess we're the welcoming committee! Hi, Priya!" That did it. The guys jumped to their feet and gathered around her to introduce themselves. Male excitement buzzed louder than the cicadas in the garden.

In all the jostling, Bobby was pushed backward and out of the crowd. Behind him he could hear the girls whispering urgently.

"She's beautiful," Hannah hissed. "Ugh."

Hope snorted. "You think so?"

"I mean, I wouldn't kick her out of bed," Lili said.

Marisol chuckled. "Yeah, me neither."

Lottie whispered too softly for him to make out the words but he could hear the anger in them. The whispers continued until Hope stood up. "You want to come with?" she asked the girls.

He looked over his shoulder. Lottie sneered. Hannah blinked. Marisol nodded. Lili shrugged. Other than Hope, she seemed the least bothered by Priya's arrival.

Hannah and Lottie stayed seated, whispering and casting angry glances at the backs of the other girls, who pushed their way through the eager throng of guys.

"Were you lads trying to keep Priya all to yourself?" Hope said. She immediately hugged the new girl. "How are you doing, babes? I'm Hope. It's good to meet you."

"Good to meet you," Priya said. "Sorry for gatecrashing your party!"

"It's your party too." Lili gave Priya a warm hug. "I'm Lili. It's lovely to meet you." She pulled back. "And wow, you are absolutely stunning."

"You are so sweet! I was worried I'd fade into the background here, to be honest. You're all so beautiful and I'm older than everyone here."

"I wouldn't have noticed that," Ibrahim said with a grin. "Not at all."

Lili's smile never wavered. If she was bothered, she was a master at hiding it.

Bobby made his way back to the front of the group. Priya was peppered with questions about herself. Her dating history, her reason for being on the show, what she did for a living. Then the big one. What was her type?

"I tend to go for cheeky and flirty guys. Boys with a lot of energy. I'm usually the one who struggles to commit, so I tend to get scared off when it goes from fun to serious."

Something caught her eye and she changed topics, pointing toward Hannah and Lottie still sitting at the fire pit. "What's going on there? Why aren't they coming over to say hello?"

"Don't worry," Lili said. "I think they're a little intimidated. They just need some time."

Bobby appreciated Lili's attempt to smooth things over, but he was not a fan of shunning or head games. It reminded him of those painful days in school when he was either bullied or ignored. A wall of silence could be every bit as painful as a punch to the face. "OI!" he shouted. "LOTTIE! HANNAH! You coming over or what?"

Beside him, Lili laughed. "OI!" she mimicked, deepening her voice. "Very forceful there, bruv."

"I can be forceful when it's necessary." He smirked at her.

Lili gave him a cheeky smile in return. "I bet."

Priya caught his eye and raised her perfectly arched eyebrows. Before she could say anything, Hannah and Lottie ambled over. Lottie traded air kisses and chilly greetings with Priya before taking digs at her coming in to steal someone's partner. Priya gave the snideness right back, referring to Lottie's Aussie accent as "rural."

Oof. The drama was already beginning.

Clearing his throat, Noah held up his big hands. "Guys, it's a bit early to be getting into it like this. It's only our first day in the Villa."

Before anyone could agree or argue, Marisol's red lips twisted into a wicked smile. "So, Priya, have any of these boys caught your eye already?"

As if the tension wasn't thick enough. Everyone froze and Marisol couldn't have looked happier. She clearly relished the shocked silence.

Priya's nervous laugh cut through the uneasy quiet. "I would say Bobby is my type straight away."

"Which Bobby? Me Bobby?" he asked. "Wow."

He felt Lili stiffen beside him. For a second her bright smile dimmed, but it returned so fast he wondered if he'd imagined it.

Marisol frowned at Priya. "Hmm. I'm so glad I asked."

His brain felt like it was in a kitchen mixer. Even if he had more than a handful of self-esteem, he'd still have been shocked to know that someone as glamorous and out there as Priya, was interested in him.

"Ibrahim is gorgeous too," Priya continued. "But I don't want to tread on anyone's toes."

Ibrahim straightened and smiled. Lili's expression didn't change. "I don't mind," she said. "We've literally only known each other for a few hours."

Hope frowned at Lili's comment, glancing worriedly at Noah. She smiled, twirling a braid around her finger. "Of course, it's only fair you get a chance to chat to all the boys. We need to get you a drink." She cast a disappointed look around. "Honestly, boys! It's a party and no one has got Priya a glass of bubbly yet."

"I'll get it," Ibrahim said quickly before taking off for the kitchen. Lili watched him go with an amused expression, and shook her head.

Rocco wandered over to Priya and was trying to give her his best green steel. Lottie's lip curled. "Rocco, I think we need to have a word."

Priya watched them walk off. She raised an eyebrow and then looked around, landing her gaze on Bobby. "I hope you come over to say hi," she said, before swishing off to the daybeds, breasts jiggling, and hair whipping in the evening breeze.

He couldn't stop the heat that crept into his face.

Lili's heels clacked their way toward him. She leaned close, laughter lighting her eyes like flames. "Looks like you're gonna need another oven glove, mate."

He couldn't sort out how to respond to that, before she gave him a cheeky smile and walked away.