20 Shadows Bleeding Through the Light

Bobby overslept. And awoke to chaos.

A cacophony of whoops and cheers came from outside. Through barely open eyes he saw the boys scrambling to get dressed while they muttered obscenities. Shaking his head, he turned over and reached for Lili, but the space beside him was cool and empty.

"What's going on?" he asked groggily, to no one in particular.

"New boys," Gary said, his face a mask of horror. "New. Boys." He took off, racing behind Noah and Rahim.

It took a moment for the words to register. New boys? He shot out of bed, threw his shorts on over his boxers, and scrambled to catch up.

Near the pool, the guys had pushed their way forward, forming a wall between the new boys and the girls.

Lili stood at the back of the crowd looking gorgeous and uninterested. Yes, that was his girl. Before he could reach her though, Hope grabbed her and seemed to be encouraging excitement as she yanked her toward the front. He growled under his breath. Hope put a hand on her hip, showing off her lean bikini-clad body, her flirtatious laugh bouncing off the surface of the infinity pool as she said something to a blonde boy. His core went cold. Hope hadn't so much as blinked in the direction of another boy since coupling up with Noah, and even she was unable to resist a cheeky flirt.

Could Lili's head turn just as easily?

"Yeah, I get that a lot," the blonde guy said. "I actually did come in second place in Thor look-alike contest."

Bobby leaned in to get a better look at the new guys. Whoa. They were show material, all right. The Thor look-alike said his name was Henrik and he was a survival instructor. He had long blonde waves and a smattering of pale freckles on his nose that spoke of a lot of time spent outdoors, and ropy lean muscles that came from rock climbing.

The other guy stepped forward and introduced himself. Lucas. Jesus. Not only was he a physiotherapist, but he looked like a Korean model. Like every other guy there, he was taller than Bobby, and had muscles on top of his muscles. But he wasn't brawny like Gary, instead he was somehow both ripped and lean. His black hair was gelled high and his dark eyes glinted with something like danger. And that danger was fixed on Lili as he spoke.

Fek.

"You have the most posh accent, I've ever heard," Priya said, eyeing him hungrily.

Lucas flushed and muttered something about private schools.

So, he had money too. Greeeeeat.

Bobby shuffled into the crowd and bumped his hip against Lili's. "Hey you."

She grinned and nearly blinded him with her smile.

"You've got to stop doing that, lass," he murmured.

"Stop doing what?"

"Being so beautiful."

Her eyes softened and she flushed prettily. "That's such a line."

"It's the truth."

Gary, taking charge of introductions, put his hands on his hips. "The poolside ain't the place to have this conversation. Let's go to the fire pit where there's seats and stuff."

Alright. Time to see what the boys were about. Bobby grinned and stepped forward. "You lads are in for a right grilling ." He paused and they didn't react. "Get it?"

Henrik's brow furrowed. "No."

Lottie shook her head. "Oh my days, Bobby."

"Grilling! Because it's a fire pit and you're going to be asked a bunch more questions..."