31 And the Sky Turned Black Like A Perfect Storm

Voices are raised. Stuff is thrown. No sexy times are had by anyone. 

THEIR ANGST SUSTAINS ME. ENJOY!
***

Priya clapped her hands together. "This is such a good idea!"

Bobby shoved aside the soft voice in his head that wondered if it was. But he forced himself to look at everything with irreverence and positivity. Like Lili would. Operation: Nope was simple. See if someone could turn Noah's head. And if they could, it would prove that it was too soon for him to be coupled up so tightly with Hope. And if he didn't...

"Wait, what if it doesn't work?" he said.

"What do you mean?" Priya narrowed her eyes.

"I mean what if he doesn't go for it?"

"Oh, he will. You know he will."

"If Lili tries it out, maybe," Rahim said. "But even then, I'm not so sure."

Priya shot him a deathly glare. Unease surged past Bobby's defenses. That soft voice grew a little louder. Maybe Priya just wants to try it on with Noah and managed to manipulate Rahim into approving it.

No. Priya could be a little selfish and more than a little destructive, but she wouldn't do that to her partner. She just wouldn't. Anyway, this was about freeing Noah and giving Hope her comeuppance for jerking Noah around while she was kissing someone else.

And the icing on the cupcake was that he could show Lili that he trusted her. Whatever she chose to do, she would know that he felt secure about them.

As if he'd magicked her into appearing, Lili swished around the corner, holding a cookie in her hand. The love mark on her chest had darkened even further and the desire to add another one swept over him.

"Oi, beautiful, get over here." He grinned at her and she grinned back, her sunshiny smile nearly stopping his heart.

"It's a daybed double date!" Priya chirped as Lili sat.

He grinned and raised his arms in an exaggerated yawn, stretching one around Lili's shoulders, pulling her closer. "How's it going?"

"Alright." Her smile faded a little. "I'm a bit overwhelmed with everyone asking me about the Hideaway."

"Well, can you blame us?" Priya said. "You do have that Hideaway glow!"

He held up an imaginary microphone. "Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's the Hideaway!"

Lili rolled her eyes playfully and bumped her shoulder with his. "You're in rare form today."

"We all glow in our own ways." He gave her a wink.

"Alright, let's not get distracted," Priya said, "Remember why we called Lili over here?"

"So we could see her beautiful face?" He kissed her warm cheek.

"No." Priya glanced around furtively and leaned toward Lili. "It's weird how Hope and Noah got so serious so quickly, isn't it?"

"Hope's pretty serious when she's into someone," Lili said.

"Yeah, but are we really supposed to stick with one person here? Isn't this our time to play the field?"

He stroked Lili's hand. "They're obviously infatuated with each other, but I think it's suspicious too. It's way too early to be coupled up like that."

"Infatuation! Exactly. It can't be real so soon." Priya batted her hair away from her shoulder.

Rahim cleared his throat. "We do call them Nope for a reason. Sometimes I get the feeling that they're performing. Or at least Hope is." Lili's brows drew together.