Girls Nite

This sucks. Sitting in this apartment all alone is boring. If feels...empty. I've cleaned the kitchen over 3 times, I've done all my laundry, I went grocery shopping, I watched probably every show on Netflix and I still miss Hero. It's only been a week since he left for London due to work stuff and I can't function. I need to get my mind off of things. I need to get wasted.

Just as soon as I was about to pop open a bottle of rosé I get a text from Pia, Inanna and I's group chat.

I put my glass down and smile at my phone

I put my glass down and smile at my phone. This couldn't have happened at a better time.

I reply back saying I'll be over in an hour. Pia only lives 15 minutes away from me so it won't take me long.

I put the rosé back in the fridge and head to my room to pack my bag. I grab all my bathroom essentials as well as a pair of pajamas. I'm almost done packing when I hear my phone ring.

Not bothering to see who's calling I pick it up.

"Hello?" I say in a sweet light voice. I stop what I'm doing and sit on the edge of my bed.

"Hello my love." It's Hero.

"Hey honey, how's work?" I twirl my fingers around a strand of hair, trying to not cry. I miss him bad.

"Boring. Photo shoots one day and fitting the next. My sister and mum say hi by the way. They miss you. I miss you." His voice goes low when he says he misses me. My heart breaks at his tone.

"I miss them too. And I miss you more than you know. When are you coming home?" He was only supposed to be in London for 3 days. But then 3 days turned into 5, and now 5 turned into a month. Our lives aren't easy when it comes to work. We try the best we can when it comes to our careers and personal lives. But sometimes, it's hard to balance it out. We try our best though.

"They told me by the end of this month I should be able to come back to L.A. Ferragamo is having a huge campaign I'm head of and they need interviews, and shoots, and fittings. Sometimes I just want to say "fuck it" and quit. But I know that's not the right thing to do."

"As much as I'd love you to be home. You know I'd never let you do that. It's only a couple more weeks. We can manage." I get up from my bed and start to pack my bag again. I set my phone on a self in my closet and put it on speaker phone while I find clothes.

"So. What are you doing tonight? Any plans?" Hero sounds genuinely curious. Any other night I'm sitting on the couch watching Game Of Thrones re runs. But not tonight.

"I am actually going to Pia's house. Inanna is too. It's like a little girls night in kind of thing." I start rummaging through my pajama drawer and can't find my favorite pair of shorts. They're so soft and comfortable, and I could have swore I washed them the other day. "Hey babe. Do you know where my pajama shorts are? The grey ones. I can't find them."