Endless Valley page 9

And said I'm a foster kid my parents died years ago foster parents treating me like shit. I won't shed a tear for them the only reason they moved me here was so they can experiment on me. I said okay okay I get your point you want our help before she could answer some guy busted through the window. And grabbed her by her waist I raise my gun to shoot him but I was out of ammo I looked back at Bast to see her Frozen with shock.

I swing my machete into his back he Scream and kick me across the room. The girl covered her hand's incomplete green fire and punch me in the face repeatedly. Until he let go of her the guy stumble back the girl went over to me help me get up. Bast walk between us and the guy they looked their each other in the eye something's not right I said to myself.

Why did she freeze when she saw him I looked over to Bast she looked at me like she was making a choice. she opened her mouth to say one word (Brother) seconds later blood leaked from corners of her mouth. He pulled down his sleeve to reveal symbols carved into his skin Bast did the same thing and symbols were carved into her skin too. He said sister I'm sorry goodbye and jumped outside the window leaving us in silence.

Bast wipes the blood from the corners of her mouth and helped carry me to my truck. I lift up my shirt to see the damage a big ass boot print was embedded into my vest. The preteen girl kept quiet as Bast drive us to my house and lifted me on the couch to go get some bandages. The preteen girl sit beside me and said you should have just let me die now you hurt and I feel guilty.

I said to her well aren't you a ball of sunshine and I would have saved you anyway if I get hurt or not. She said you acting stupid people shouldn't care about people like me I said back why is that she replied with people like me gets there power from begins like him.

She pointed at the Statue and said he is the entity of creation but where I draw my power from is the entity of Destruction. I asked her why you know so much about them she replied with because I was born here this place has a lot of Secrets.

And frankly, I don't want to talk about it, I let it go I didn't want to push it cuz she's been through too much already. Bast return with bandages and drinking alcohol she handed me the alcohol but I said no I have a condition I can't drink alcohol or I would get really sick.

She nodded and began to bandage me up and as she did I accidentally look closely at her neck to see a scar covering most of her throat. But I said nothing I want upstairs and lay down in my bed and went to sleep.