•|| Chapter 6 ||•

" So, what words do you know, shorty? " Kuroo asked as you stared straight into his eyes. " Neko! " You chirp with a grin on your face. " That's close but it's Nekoma, shorty. " Kuroo praised you and told you slowly.

" Neko..ma! " You repeat and hug Kenma tighter out of excitement. " That's it, nice going, shorty. " Kuroo pat your head as Kenma hands you over to him, wanting to rest and play video games before the next match.

" Hey, ___, why don't you try saying our names! " Lev suggested popping out of nowhere. You nod but wonder whose name you wanted to say first, " Why don't you say mine first, ___? " Inuoka also popped out of nowhere. " Now, now, I'm the one helping ___ how to say names, so it's obvious she's going to say my name first. " Kuroo cockily smirks.

You ponder a bit, snuggling BunBuns and choosing whose name is easier to pronounce. You grin and point at Kenma, " Ken..ma..! " You state as Kenma just gives you a slight smile. Kuroo, Inuoka and Lev sighed, wanting you to say their names first, instead of Kenma who didn't even ask you to do so.

" Eh, it's alright, you'll get it next time, shorty. " Kuroo bounced you up in the air slightly, earning continuous giggles from you, which Yaku thought was adorable, he was keeping watch from afar just in case Kuroo, Inuoka and Lev does something idiotic and harm you.

" Here, Lev, you take her. I'm going to go talk to coach. " Kuroo ruffled your hair before leaving as you got passed into Lev's long but strong arms. Suddenly realizing Lev had the easiest name to pronounce, you look at him and smiled, " Lev! "

He gasped and hugged you tightly, happy that you were able to say his name. " That's right, ___. My name is Lev!! " Lev laughed along with you. Before you could say something, your stomach growled in hunger as Lev and Inuoka looks at you.

" Let's have a snack! " Inuoka said as he took you from Lev and headed to the other players, who were either resting or doing other things. " I have some biscuits if you want some, ___. " Yaku approached you with chocolate biscuits in hand, your eyes shined at the sight of chocolate.

Yaku noticed and chuckled before breaking one in half and giving it to you, being mindful that you might choke if he gave you that whole of a biscuit. You happily took it and gobbled it up, the familiar chocolate-y taste making you smile widely.

" Heeeey, I want some too. " Lev stepped in front to you and Inuoka with his mouth open for Yaku to put the biscuit in. Instead of having the food in his mouth, he got kicked on his side with a blushing Yaku. " This is for ___, not you. " He stated as he took you from Inuoka and sat down on the floor, feeding you slowly with chocolate biscuits.

After giving you 6 half chocolate biscuits, Yaku decided you've had enough chocolate and gave you some water. You burp silently and hug Yaku as a thank you, he smiled and pat your back, giving you kiss on the forehead, which you thought was very mom-like and you giggled.

You wanted to play with Yaku more but then you noticed him staring at something or someone. You turn around and see Tendou waving at you from the other side of the gym, signaling you to come back. You pout slightly and shook your head but Yaku insisted for you to go to them, since Nekoma's match is starting in a few minutes.

You gave in and sighed, giving Yaku a hug before turning around and walking to the other side. " I'll see you later, ___! " He bid farewell as you nodded, running towards Tendou, who had his arms wide open for you. You beamed and ran faster, giggles coming out of your lips.

But then you tripped over yourself.

" OH NO, ___!! " Tendou gasped as the others run over to you, wanting to see if you were okay. Tendou held you under your arms and made you stand up, facing the other team members. Your face was red and tears were threatening to fall down from the pain as you lost your grip on BunBun's hand.

You tried your best not to cry but the stinging on your face made you lose your composure. Semi engulfed you in a hug, soothingly patting your back and picking you up into his arms. You cried softly, hiding your face into his shoulder, wanting the pain to go away.

" Shhh, it'll go away soon. " Semi whispered, continuing to pat your back gently as the other team members look at him weirdly. He raised a brow as if asking what and Reon smiled awkwardly, " I guess I just didn't see you good with kids, Semi. " " Neither did I. " Shirabu muttered, wanting to comfort you as well. "  It was unexpected. " Ushijima blurted out as Semi nodded, " I'm not sure if that was a compliment or an insult... " Goshiki mumbled to himself.

It took Semi a few more minutes before you calmed down and stopped crying. Although you sniffled here and there, you finally showed your face to the others, who had a bit of a worried expression. " Is the pain gone? " Yamagata asked as you shook your head, pointing at your nose which was still stinging.

" She has a scratch on her nose. " Yamagata said as the others nodded in reply. " I'll go get a bandaid then. " Shirabu stated, leaving the gym to go to the infirmary and get you a bandaid. You sniffled as Tendou hands you BunBuns, which you hugged tightly, feeling a sense of your mother when you did so.

Semi and Ushijima noticed when you became more relaxed while hugging BunBuns. Out of curiosity, Ushjima took BunBuns away from you and you yearned for your stuffie back.

He gave him back and you let out a happy noise.

And then he took him away again, making you whine.

He gave him back to you again.

But before he could take it, Reon asked why he was doing that. " I just wanted to see how important the toy is to her. " Ushijima replied and left. Goshiki couldn't help but think about what Ushijima said as well. He walked towards you, " ___, is your stuffie really important to you? " He asked as you nodded, " Why? " Yamagata continued the question as you frowned, " Gift...be..fore...mom...gone. " You said slowly as their faces were filled with pity.