•|| Chapter 18 ||•

" She's crying... " Semi muttered, seeing you asleep with tears flowing on the side of your cheek. " She must be having a bad dream. " Tendou says, wiping the tears off your reddish face.

" How is he, doc? " Goshiki asked the doctor, looking down at Ushijima. " Fortunately, he only bumped his head and didn't get any concussions, that's really really lucky for him, especially since he didn't get anymore injuries. " The doctor explained, his hands inside his pockets.

" We'll have to thank Ushijima for earlier. " Hayato mumbled loud enough for everyone to hear.

Currently, only the Shiratorizawa members know about what had happened. The other schools were told that they had an important emergency so that none of the other coaches would worry and the players too, considering all of them were close to you.

" If he didn't run at full speed at that time... " Reon looked down, remembering the exact moment that everyone's heart stopped.

" ___!! " Tendou screamed, his hand reaching out to the child that was in the middle of the road. Suddenly he was roughly pushed out of the way along with Semi beside him.

It was Ushijima.

" Wha-!? " Both Semi and Tendou fell on the ground as you hear intense and quick footsteps behind you. Turning around for a split second, the only thing you saw was a glare and 2 arms reaching for you, it scared you for a bit.

Ushijima had caught you in his chest and wrapped his arms around your frail body. Unfortunately that led him to roll harshly and hit a tree on the other side of the road.

After hearing a loud thud, Tendou and the others caught up, seeing their dear captain on the grass with ___ in his chest. Both seemed unconscious and Ushijma's forehead was bleeding. " Take them inside without anyone seeing, quick!! " Semi quickly ordered but when he turned, you were already gone.

' I'm sorry, I'm sorry..! I promised I would protect you but now... ' A sniffle was heard as your eyes slowly open. " Ten..dou..? " You whisper but he heard, briefly stopping and looking down at you, " ___?? Are you hurt?? I'm so sorry- " He got cut off when he felt you clutch his shirt.

" No sad...please... " That was the last phrase he heard from you as you fell asleep.

°♤°

" I have no right to get angry at all of you, because I also made a mistake of letting her leave my sight. " Coach Washijo said with a low tone, probably not wanting to wake you or Ushijima up.

" But this has to stay with us and only us. None of the coaches should know about this, especially Coach Nekomata. " He then left without another word.

The room was silent.

" When do you think she'll wake up? " Tendou's voice seemed different, it's been only an hour and half since you and Ushijima were unconscious and he hadn't stopped crying until the doctor arrived. " Your voice is a little hoarse, did you cry? " The doctor turned to Tendou who nodded his head, " Only a little, it's nothing. I just need to know they'll be okay. " He forces a smile to lighten up the mood.

" Ushijima will probably wake up in a few hours, he did hit his head after all. As for the child- " The doctor got cut off, " It's ___, her name is ___. " Shirabu finally says something after being silent the whole time. " Right, as for ___, she probably fell asleep from running too much. Thankfully, she didn't hit her head, but I'll assume she became a little dizzy from the impact.

" Thanks, doctor. " Goshiki and the others bowed as the doctor left.

" They'll be fine, Tendou. " Semi pat the redhead's back gently, trying to get rid of the gloomy atmosphere. " We shouldn't have brought her here. " Shirabu blurted out as all eyes trailed to him. " Why? Are you saying this wouldn't have happened if she didn't come? We were entrusted to take care of her, personally from the principal of our school. " Tendou suddenly stood up, seemingly frustrated.

" Yes and another reason is letting her meet the other teams. They all left her alone. Aoba Johsai were the ones last who had ___ around, why did they just leave her alone? " Shirabu's voice raised, " So? This has nothing to do with them, we were the ones that supposed to be with her!! " Tendou's voice worsened by every word.

" ENOUGH!! " Reon shouted.

The room was silent again. Shirabu clicked his tongue and left, closing the door rather loudly.

Tendou sighed deeply and plopped back on the bed where you were sleeping. He really felt responsible for being unable to protect you at that time, and the more he thought about it, the more he felt guilty of what you had to go through.

The door opened and Kawanishi entered with a stuffie in his hand. " It's broken. " He simply stated, walking to one of the chairs and sitting down. " And dirty... " Yamagata added, taking BunBuns and looking at it.

It had bite marks and had lost a lot of cotton, the dog probably played with it. " Does the recorder still work? " Yamagata asked Kawanishi, who shrugged. " Let's hope it does. " Reon peeked from Kawanishi's side.

" Oh, it still does, good. " The 3 of them gave a sigh of relief. " Guess we'll need to sew it before ___ comes back. " Reon says, standing up and grabbing a bag of cotton. " We don't have actual cotton, so this can do for the meantime. " He smiled as the other 2 nod. " I know how to sew. " Kawanishi says, " I'll go and find a sewing kit then. " Yamagata says, leaving the room as Reon and Kawanishi start to fill BunBuns' holes with cotton.

•♤•

" I can't believe I got a cramp at training camp!! " Nishinoya sighed loudly, feeling depressed that he couldn't play. " Are you sure you don't want me to carry you? " Asahi worriedly asked, escorting the smaller boy to the infirmary.

" Pft, I'm stronger than you, Asahi, I'll be fine!! " Nishinoya chuckled as the gentle giant noded in response, opening the infirmary door as a bunch of eyes fall on them.

" Uhm... "