Sudden Involvement [10]

Nicole looked up at Dean, but he wasn't looking at her. His eyes were trained down at his beer, and he didn't seem to want to meet her eyes.

"Dean?"

He looked up at her, but his eyes still wouldn't meet hers.

"Dean, what's wrong?" She asked, tilting his head up to look at her properly with one finger. He immediately looked away again with a sigh.

"It's nothing."

"Oh, it's nothing, okay." She told him sarcastically before taking another drink of the beer that lay lazily in her right hand. He huffed, making her look up at him.

"Dean Winchester, do me a favor and tell me something." She told him as she shifted her weight to her right foot. He looked like he was paying more attention now.

"Do you think I'm dumb?"

Dean's eyes widened, knowing whatever he said would lead him down a road full of either physical or mental pain.

"No, of course not." He answered simply. She nodded, taking a final swig of her beer. She set it down on the counter next to the sink as he eyed her cautiously.

"Then why are you treating me as I am? What is going on inside your head that you're so afraid to tell me?" She asked, setting a hand on her left hip. Dean hadn't felt this type of anxiety in years.

"If I'm telling you this, you have to promise me you won't run away as fast as you can." He told her. She nodded, causing him to take a deep breath.

"You said Crowley wanted the right people in your life before he would find you again." He started. She nodded again.

"Crowley seems very invested in toying with Sammy and I. Sam has to deal with what's going on with Ruby, but Crowley has no connections with me. That is, until we came across you." He stated.

"I'm not following." She shrugged with a small smile.

"I'm thinking, since Crowley wants a lot to do with Sam and I recently, maybe Sam and I are the right people Crowley was talking about." He told her slowly. Her eyes widened, and Dean prepared himself for her to either run or hit him, but she didn't move. Her right hand moved up to cover her agape mouth, but that was the minimum of her movement.

"Cole?"

Nicole couldn't respond. She felt frozen. Ever since she started being around Sam and Dean Winchester, she had felt safe. Now, she finds out that Crowley might be trying to take that from her? She wasn't going to let him.

"I understand there's a way to summon Crowley?" She asked as she looked up at the eldest Winchester brother. His eyes widened half the size of hers.

"Yeah, but why would you want to do that? Crowley said-" She cut him off by putting her hand over his mouth.

"We're bringing Crowley here tonight, and if you try to stop me, I'll bring you down with him."