Savior [26]

Nicole walked down the moist and dark streets of Sioux Falls, feeling the heavy rain push her down with every drop that landed on her. She shivered, wishing that she had owned a jacket at that moment. To be fair, I do. She thought to herself. It's just around the shoulders of the oldest Winchester brother. She giggled out loud, but paused as loose newspaper flew about down the alleyway to her left. Her head snapped towards the alleyway entrance, and a smile spread across her face.

"Castiel, good timing my feathered friend." Nicole grinned, watching his eyes brighten as he noticed hers. He then looked down at himself and back up at her.

"I don't see any feathers, Nicole." He told her simply, holding his arms out slightly with his eyebrows raised. She giggled and shook her head in response.

"Never mind. Can I help you with anything?" She asked as she approached him, slinging her bag over her shoulder loosely.

"Quite the opposite. I'm here to bring you back to the Winchesters', they've been trying to find you for three hours." Castiel told her as he reached forward. She jerked away from him with a frown, stumbling on a piece of trash and falling down, scratching her elbows on the rough concrete. She hissed in pain and closed her eyes to keep from crying.

"Nicole, are you okay?" Castiel asked as he reached down to inspect her wounds. She hummed her response as he healed them.

"Why did you step away from me?" Castiel asked as she hopped up off the ground.

"I don't want to go back. Not right now, at least." She answered, crossing her arms over her chest. Castiel tilted his head to the side slightly, reminding Nicole of a confused puppy.

"Why not?"

"Sam is mad at me, and Dean would freak out if he saw me. Even though I would die to see Dean right now, I can't. Not in this state." She sighed, looking down at her feet.

"Once you change clothes and clean yourself, would you like to see Dean?" Castiel asked, and Nicole hesitated before nodding.

"The only problem is, I'm lost." She chuckled nervously as she turned back around to face the vacant street. Castiel leaned down and picked up Nicole's bag, then he rested his arm on her shoulder. In a matter of seconds, they were in front of Nicole's favorite greasy motel. She smiled and took her bag from Castiel, then made her way towards the motel's lobby doors. Castiel followed her and held the door open for her as she approached them. She nodded her head as a thank you, then speed up to the front desk.

"Hello, darling. Room for two?" The woman at the front desk asked as she looked from Castiel to Nicole. She wore a bright smile, frizzy red hair, wore a flower printed suit, rectangle shaped glasses, and had a beautiful set of green eyes. Nicole paused as she stared into the woman's eyes, realizing how much they reminded her of Dean's eyes. The woman's smile faltered slightly, and that made Nicole shake her head.

"Only one, actually. I'm sorry, you just remind me of someone I haven't seen in awhile." Nicole chuckled softly, hoping to raise the mood in the woman's eyes. Castiel set his hand on her shoulder lightly, but she smacked it off. To Nicole's relief, her smile brightened again as she giggled at the two.

"No worries, hun, I get that all the time. So, room for one, that will be 46 dollars a night." The woman told her, clicking a flower decorated pen on a clipboard. Nicole nodded and dug into her backpack for her wallet. When she found it, she pulled out a 50 dollar bill and handed it to the woman.

"Keep the change, you look like you deserve it." Nicole smiled as she shoved her wallet back in her bag. The woman giggled before thanking her and handing her a room key. As soon as Nicole left the building, Castiel turned her around to face him.

"Cole, you need to see Dean. He's freaking out knowing that I know where you are and he doesn't." He told her, valuing the use of her nickname among the boys. She bit her lip and slowly nodded.

"Just let me take a shower and get changed first, please." She asked him hopefully, looking up into his ocean blue eyes. He nodded, then followed her into her rented motel room.