Not Sam [28]

Nicole tapped her foot anxiously. She was sitting on her motel room bed, waiting for Sam Winchester to walk through the door. Dean was sat at the small circular table next to the window, also awaiting his brother's arrival. Dean perked up as a small green car slowly pulled into the parking spot in front of the window. He recognized Sam's tense hands on the steering wheel. They were white from the force he was using to grip it. When Dean turned to look back at Nicole, she was digging around in the mini fridge, soon pulling out three beer bottles. She caught Dean's eye, and she instantly knew, giving him a reassuring nod.

"Everything will be okay." He reminded her as he stood up. She tossed him a beer with a nervous smile.

"I know, it's Sam. He's still going to be my brother even if he decides to.." She stopped herself from finishing the sentence, feeling the tears swelling up in her eyes. She didn't want to think about Sam hating her, but she was. She couldn't stop. Dean walked over and pulled her into his grip, setting his chin on her head and closing his eyes.

"Don't even think about that. You and Sammy are going to make up just like normal chicks and we'll live our normal apple pie life." He joked, successfully making her giggle.

"Define apple pie."

"Well, let's see. Defeating monsters, saving people, drinking, strippers, and actually eating apple pie." He nodded his head as he thought about his perfect life. She giggled again, but froze as slow rapping on the front door rang in her ears. It seemed to knock rhythmically. She couldn't understand why she was anxious. Then it hit her. She recognized that knocking pattern.

And it wasn't Sam's.