Summoning [11]

Nicole stood impatiently as Sam poured herbs into a small wooden bowl. Dean began reciting a chant as Nicole flipped the demon killing knife in her hand. She didn't plan on killing Crowley, but she would if she had to. Smoke poured from the bowl before Crowley appeared inside the devil's trap.

"Ah, my favorite three knuckleheads!" Crowley smiled sarcastically as he eyed Sam, Dean, and Bobby. Nicole chuckled from behind him. Crowley clicked his tongue on the top of his mouth before turning towards her. His eyes turned soft.

"Nicole, am I right?" He asked. She smiled, though her eyes were filled with anger.

"Don't talk to me like an old friend, Crowley. Talk to me like you know what you did. Talk to me like you know why you're here." She snapped at him. Sam looked over at his brother cautiously.

"Oh, no love, I know what I did. I also know why I'm here, which means that you've figured it out too." He answered slyly. She grunted and walked closer to the devil's trap.

"Tell me, Crowley, am I right? Are the Winchester boys the right people?" She sneered angrily.

"Cole." Dean warned Nicole subtly. She ignored him.

"No, no, Squirrel. She's exhilarating when she's feisty." Crowley shrugged Dean off with a smirk.

"Answer my question damnit!" Nicole snapped at him. He chuckled, obviously amused by her anger.

"Fine, you want an answer? Yes, the Winchester boys were the people I was talking about. An now that we're here, I can finally take that little thing from you." He told her as he looked down at her right forearm. Crowley chuckled. Dean recognized the anger rising in her eyes. She turned to stab him with the demon killing knife just as Dean moved forward to scratch off a sliver of the devil's trap. Crowley was gone before the knife had time to hit him. Nicole closed her eyes and pressed her teeth together, still clutching the knife in her right hand. Dean slowly took it from her, careful not to startle her.

"Nicole, steady." Dean whispered. Nicole's head sank as she leaned on Dean. He carefully propped her up with little struggle. Bobby moved forward to help Dean lean her up on the singular wooden chair in front of the table. She looked lifeless, despite her obvious rage. Dean could see the anger, but he could also see the fear. She was afraid to lose Dean and his brother. She was afraid to lose Bobby and she was afraid to lose Rufus. But most of all, Nicole Smith was afraid of losing herself.