02. Reputation Of Poppy Parker

CHAPTER 2: Reputation Of Poppy Parker

"-we've got reports that say the blonde woman is on some sort of holiday with an unknown and unidentified Aunt and Uncle of some sort. I don't have a lot on this woman, Maximus but, we're looking through her friend's profiles as we speak, not one has the girl in it. Facebook, nothing but the initials 'PP' is added, but there's no separate profile under this name. Instagram, there's nothing. Twitter, She doesn't have it." Andrew lists as I pace in front of him, it's been two freaking days and I've waited, dreamed and hoped that, that little blonde would show her face.

I can't help it and I can't even think for myself when her sudden absence stabs a thousand needles into my throat. I just want to see her, it's not like I'd take up the courage to talk to her and who the hell goes on a holiday when school just started back into a new semester, this is beyond ridiculous.

Even Ivan searches his laptop on the side desk of the empty classroom. I want to scream, what bullshit, she can't be a bloody ghost, "Look through them again! Everdeen, you got anything?" I ask her, almost beg as my childhood mates stare at me in sheer confusion, though shock is the most abundant emotion on their faces.

Andrew murmurs under his breath, "Who the hell is Poppy Parker?"

I've been asking myself the same bloody question for two days now and I'm not about to put my mind into a frenzy, searching for a sharp blonde and green eyes that goes by the eternally beautiful name of Poppy Parker.

My legs tingle with numbness once again and I stupidly stumble into the beast leather chair behind me, I curse at my muscles that tighten exponentially just by thinking her name.

"This is bad." I mutter, staring incredulously down at my traitorous legs, the others frown before Ivan asks, "Hang on a second, where's your angle on this? Why are we suddenly googling this girl like some celebrity and why are you blushing every time her name comes up? You're not-you're not flustered by her or something, right?" He smiles a small smile when I refuse to meet his eyes. Thinking he's right for once. Everdeen tilts her head and all eyes are suddenly directed to me.

Everdeen leans forward with her hands clasped in front of her and her stature suits that of a clinical psychologist, "Maximus, he's right. What's going on? What has got you so...agitated? That's the right word of it, isn't it, Ryan?" She asks him and he pales a little under her soft gaze, I roll my eyes in my queasy state. My hands are clamped together as I rub the perspiration on my pant leg, suit and all.

He nods to her, before turning back to me, confused.

I sigh, huff, grind and grit my teeth, seething silently. I don't know what has me agitated apart from the sunshine blonde and green emerald colours. It has me twisted and confused. Completely under the weather.

I stand, forcing my legs to gather their feeling, gather some sort of strength as I pile towards the door with a surely starved expression on my face. That Diana Rangers is in the corner, just by her locker as I ignore my friend's yelling at me to 'stop', I can't stop and I'm still being controlled by the strings.