28. A Date To Remember

CHAPTER 28: A Date To Remember

I hadn't ever been on a date before, I didn't have the correct notations and even though I was glad I didn't have the experience, advice would have been the most helpful in this time-pressuring situation. It was mid-day, Sunday, perhaps a time to finish off assignments for high school on Monday, I did mine on Saturday, efficiently too, but I did it early because, today was my big plan. I was giving my girl the date I promised. Most of the guys were over, except for Ryan but, he was with Everdeen, as always and I didn't mind.

Ivan paces in front of my bed, "Andrew, where is she again?" He asks the surprisingly pissed off Andrew who sits at my desk with both monitor screens on and typing away.

"Still in the park, with Diana...and, Rosa-belle." He hesitates with Rosa-belle's name and I scrutinise him, shaking my head.

"What's going on with you two? I thought, after the camping trip, you two had gotten closer?" I ask in confusion. He gives me an annoyed shake of the head, rubbing his temple as I presume a headache forms. I don't bother getting into my own stress lines as he mutters in obvious irritation,

"Why is it that whenever you and Poppy are in a good place, which no offence is more rare than not, compared to Rosa-belle and I?" He asks incredulously, standing from the desk chair and pacing.

I give him a raised eyebrow, "That was offensive, for one because Poppy and I have actually been in many good places," Ivan widens both his eyebrows but I groan out in annoyance, "No, not that way, you imbecile." I throw one of my hard-covered Classics books at him in annoyance, he deflects it with his forearm but, winces in the process as he stands off my bed, glaring at me.

"Rosa-belle and you should be in a good relationship considering you just confessed your everything to her. You just have to give her time." Carter sighs out, working on Calculus with Trevor.

Trevor nods, "The girls in our group are like your Alpha Luna, Beta and Gamma statuses, if we want to get this through our kind of thinking. Poppy, definitely at the top, she's a critical, calculative thinker, her strategic tendencies are annoyingly top notch and no matter what she says, she definitely has all the resources behind her to take that status to the next level. Diana, I love her, but Damnit, the woman is a Beta in her natural ways of keeping the cycle going but, she can whine. Whining can be good but too much of it tells me I need a couple days of peace before running back into her arms. Rosa-belle keeps the peace, is sympathetic but, strong." His thorough explanation has us all listening so very closely that everyone stopped everything as he uses a specific analogy we all actually seem to get in the basics of biodiversity, in terms of hierarchy in specific animals.

"Can Alpha's have a tendency to think they must know absolutely everything and everyone under that, is in a 'only-need-to-know' position?" Ivan asks, strangely referring to Poppy but, it was a good enough question for me to only glare at him but, watch from my standing position as Trevor shares the same knowing look with Carter.