27. A Run For The Hills

CHAPTER 27: A Run For The Hills

"Breathe in."

I imitate Ivan, doing the exact same hand movements, and feeling like the biggest imbecile in the hallway, in the middle of period three. I couldn't remove the skip in my steps, the weight-lifting sprite in my shoulders or the upper twitch of the biggest, most genuine smile I can muster.

I cough back into a laughing fit as his nostrils flare and he whispers in annoyance, "Breathe out."

"Why the fuck are we practicing our breathing skills?" Carter grumbles from the left of me, we had yet to find the girls for interval, and my heart was bouncing crazily in my chest and I couldn't control my breathing for the life of me. My smile widens when I think about her, I could almost still feel her hands on my neck. I absentmindedly rub my hand at the nape.

"Because this imbecile has been pissing me off all morning. I need the relaxation technique." Ivan hisses through the air, I couldn't find it anywhere in me to actually retort or argue his over-exaggerative bullshit as we wait for the girls. Only, Carter notices that they were sitting on our table when we finally headed back in. I couldn't remove the wide smile from my lips as I shove open the door, ready to greet her, only to see she's not even here anyway.

I can't stop the dropping of my heart as I swipe my phone out of pocket and speed dial the only number that means the most to me right now, holding the phone to my ear, I wait as it rings. Two minutes and still nothing, so I try a second time, only to come up with the same damn result. I watch Ivan try next, it goes straight to voicemail. Walking up towards the table, I pace, wondering where the hell my girl is now, before turning to Andrew.

"Would you, hypothetically, be able to track her phone?" I ask him, he sighs, opening his laptop.

"You have to get a hold of her first, before I can track the signal or there's no signature database that I could detect, specifically to her location." He says, receiving a giggle from Rosa-belle and his face lightens.

"You look hot when you talk all tech-like." She whispers and I pointedly look at the two of them, before clicking my fingers when they delve into each other's eyes.

"Focus." I grunt, all before Ivan coughs behind me 'Hypocrite'.

I grab his collar, "Keep talking." I warn him, my eyes in all burning seriousness, he chuckles, punching my abdomen but it does nothing. Comparing his punches to Poppy's, it was really obvious who had more strength.

Diana groans in annoyance, ending a call before re-typing a number but, I move behind her chair, just to see if Poppy will answer, "Put it on speaker." I instruct Diana, who thankfully doesn't argue before we hear my beautiful girl's voice.

"Parker speaking." An undertone of annoyance was easily detected.

"FINALLY! I can't believe it took us this long to get ahold of you, you impossible person! Now, where are you? We're all at the cafe!" Diana interrupts me just when I was about to speak, in my own annoyance, I await Poppy's answer as we all huddle in around the phone. She had all of us wrapped around her finger.