30. Possessives on Haywire

CHAPTER 30: Possessives on Haywire

Life was about taking risks. Taking many leaps of faith. Of course, sporting many bruises on the way but, like everything, with time, those bruises eventually heal and life keeps moving forward. I stood in front of Poppy 's house, her front door, nervous as a wreck and beyond petrified because I know just how well this woman can shock me severely, especially with her apparent need to always dress in a way where she doesn't even know that she's lighting up the sky with her glacial fires.

I was ready, but that doesn't stop my heart from contracting with an arrhythmic motion, my hands were moist and clammy, to which I wipe them along my suit-covered pants. Clicking on the doorbell, I fix the orchids in my hands and wait...for my next heart attack.

Cause of death...my ravishing fair lady.

Bloody hell, she was exquisite, ferocious and elegant and glowing and stunning and...I was a melting puddle of dripping peace on her doorstep, she was...she was beyond what my imagine could ever create, I was truly distorted in this moment. She shocks me every time but, just one look in her green emerald eyes and I knew just how much tonight was probably going to destroy me, render me a sputtering pile of muscles and bones as I follow her in possessive desperation. I felt my blood roaring in this moment.

"Still persisting on keeping your romantic notions traditional, Darling?" Marry me? Just marry me. The eye of the storm and the being of my heart was standing directly in front of me with a coat, cloaking her dress from me, I still can't stop my stare from travelling all over her.

"You want to get out of the rain, dear?" The flowers were lightly sidling from my hands and I run in as she walks to the kitchen, closing the door from the cold as my high tops click against her kitchen tiles as I step around her and wrap my relaxed hands over to her abdomen. I lean down, closer, to place a soft kiss on her cheek, where I notice she's added light foundation.

"You going to uncover your dress now or must I wait to see you as my debutante?" I ask, in abundant torture. She turns slowly around, my hands rounding to the small of her back, still covered in her coat as I try to guess the small hints of her dress.

I freeze like a brick wall when I feel the cold tips of her forefinger along my neck and easily shiver at her delightful sensation, along with the goosebumps which were likely embarrassing me under her inspection. An inspection I never wanted to end.

Screw this damn ball, maybe I could persuade her into just staying here, watching a movie as I give her a massage, that sounds far nicer than having to go out. I unconsciously sway my beautiful girl side-to side, remembering the night I had her hips locked to mine and I danced freely with her, sensually, closely. I made sure she was severely stuck to my hip as I shamelessly moved our bodies as one.