Bonus Chapter #2

BONUS CHAPTER #2: Two Is Our Number

Almost twenty weeks, and I was having the absolute time of my life. Poppy tilts her head at the architectural work I put in on the designs of our baby's room, she stares at the desktop screen, "You want to buy all of this online?" She asks me from her position in the mini spa pool on the terrace of our room at the estate.

I nod, "I've sorted out the crib packaging, I'll be building it at least one month before this one comes along. Dark grey is a neutral colour, since we still have yet to learn if we're having a girl or boy. The room is of neutral colours too." I tell her, explaining which guest room will be turned into our darling baby's room first.

She smiles down, looking at her protruding bump in wonder, she runs her fingers over the skin in the bubbling water, I check the temperature and volume of bubbles to make sure she isn't at all uncomfortable, she sighs, "It looks good, Maximus, but we'll hopefully learn of the baby's gender today, do you think we should personalise the room a bit more?" She wonders. I knew she wasn't too happy with making everything to be neutral, our baby clothes, the crib, the colour of the room, our baby's toys.

I sigh, "We can add more when we know." I whisper, placing the laptop aside and lowering myself into the water, it was late night tradition to share a bath together, the water wasn't chlorinated, for safety reasons, even if it wasn't harmful. I still chose against it.

I slide in next to her, wrapping my arms underneath her and lifting her onto my lap, securely and softly. She snuggles into my neck, "Look how far we've come, hmm?" She whispers, in interest. She looks up and I connect our foreheads, nodding as I press a chaste, passionate kiss to the corner of her lips, she wraps one arm around my neck.

I smile to myself when I feel all of her, neither of us we wearing any swimsuits or anything. Just her and I, my best times of the day. I run my fingers down her bare spine, she glowed in the water, as clear as can be, her hair seemed brighter, her skin had an ethereal pale glow that I couldn't get enough of, even her natural smell was driving me into insanity.

"And to think I was that spoilt idiot back in the day who thought he'd never find someone he could call his own 'Darling'." I whisper across her lips. She rests on me, playing with the short strands at the nape of my neck.

"It's all about finding the right love." She murmurs, against my lips.

I close my eyes, 'humming', "I most certainly found her." I murmur.

She scoffs, staring deeply into my eyes. I run circles along her protruding belly, "You know, Diana says that if we're having a boy, she'll set up her daughter and our son for play dates the second they're both born." She tells me.

I raise an eyebrow, "I don't think so." I murmur, shaking my head.

She giggles, "What? No set up dates."