29. Confession On The Rocks

CHAPTER 29: Confession On The Rocks

It all happened in the timespan of just a few mere seconds, before I had even gotten out of my SUV, having picked up Ivan, Andrew and Rosa-belle to the drive to school. I was more than just a little surprised to see most of my Father's guard lead us through the maze of flashing cameras and journalists with no lives but the lives of celebrities to gossip about.

"Mr Myers, there's been talk around and many of your fans are interested to know if a little Miss Poppy Parker is truly the woman you've given your cold heart too or are you still our single hottest bachelor of the year?" Before I could answer the bloody reporter with a growl, my guards surrounded us like a fortress and we were lead to a specific classroom.

My lead says, "Your other friends are in there as well, as they were also questioned this morning." He says, monotonically and my mind instantly goes to Poppy as I rip open the door and without even looking, I ask out,

"Darling?"

The first face I see is Trevor, who sits up from the desk he shares with Diana sitting on his lap. Ryan and Everdeen were next to them while Carter was watching the press outside.

"She isn't here yet." Carter mutters, closing back the blinds.

I huff, "Did anyone give her a call?" I ask, trying her number, but it goes straight to voicemail. Bloody hell, it's more rare than not when my girl actually answers her damn phone, which is ironic, considering she is always on that thing.

I try another time, still no answer before I see Andrew turning on the screen to the reporters live newsfeed, "-And, back at Queen City High, Maximus Myers, along with his friends remain blockaded with guards when the infamous bachelor was asked about Poppy Parker, his rumoured girlfriend who also attends the high school behind me now. Photos of what looks to be a romantic date in London's most popular spot for such events were taken during the time Poppy Parker and Maximus Myers were on their date. A set up that was done by Maximus before hand, shows how much the naturally cold-hearted bachelor of teen celebrities today really is to his girl. I'm sure many fans out there are shocked, many may be disappointed that Maximus Myers had chosen a girl no one really knows and can't seem to find on social media. This mysterious girl almost popped out of nowhere, Richard." She says to the other reporter as I swiftly shove my phone into my pocket, anger clouded me as they speak more about Poppy.

"Correct, Bailey. We haven't been able to find a single thing on Miss Poppy Parker, besides the fact she keeps her life more than just very private. Many of her friends; Carter Anderson, Trevor Gunner, Diana Rangers and Rosa-belle Tardy also remain behind doors at these times, but what I find interesting is during the times these teenagers were captured; Where was Maximus Myers' Poppy, during his kidnapping and where was she, when he and his friends returned? I believe there's an even bigger story behind mystery girl, Poppy Parker. Back to you Bailey." The bastard reporter says as I quiet the rest of them in the room.