32. When The Truth Is So Deadly, It Must Stay Buried

CHAPTER 32: When The Truth Is So Deadly, It Must Stay BuriedPart 1:

Part 1:

It's Poppy. The pillow-like feeling of the object you're hugging to your chest, is Poppy, Maximus. The fragrance of her hair is still absorbed under you, she's merely sleeping and she's always very quiet but, she's definitely in your arms, Maximus. She is right next to you, unusually warm and...DROOL!

I snap open my headache driven irises and my pounding head knock in like a crashing tidal wave in a thunderstorm next to a rocky shoreline with sharp stabbing creatures of the sea. The room was lit with the low flames of sunrise, I checked the time on my watch to be eight-ish, my eyes seemingly blurry. I step up out of the bed when I don't see my girl lying next to me. I use the bathroom before making my way down the stairs once the smell of pancakes and bacon enter my nostrils, my eyes widen...Shit, she didn't?

Damnit, Poppy?!!

I love when she cooks, don't get me wrong, but when she does for everyone, some of which I find take her cooking for granting, that's what gets me in an annoyed position where I have to stop myself from telling her that she really doesn't need to do...holy shit! She's done more than bloody pancakes. I step in at the exact moment I catch the others filing into their seats, but it's not that, that holds me stuck in my position, drool rolling down my lips and limbs growing numb.

Dark navy and beige coffee.

The dark navy business suit with a beige blouse was my doom this early morning. The attire she was sporting just had me frozen with a comical facial expression and a laughable statue of myself left in its wake. She seemed to be speaking on the phone as she walks around the table, while I receive a few nods in greeting, mostly yawns, I stumble my way to the second to last available chair.

"-busy, it's been a long night. How about you?" She sighs in the phone, Poppy waves me off with a smile, gesturing I take the seat before everything gets cold. I was almost a distraught mess, so early in the bloody morning...are those nude heels? Where on earth did she even get those clothes?

"That is absolutely fantastic to hear, I'll have to retrieve a few things before the trip, but yes, I'm very happy with this development. Though, we'll have to start on the new project as soon as possible. When are we scheduled to depart?" She says through the speaker, making me wonder just who it was on the other side. I glance at Andrew, who's hair is stuck up in which way direction, as he covers an excessive yawn, cutting into his pancakes with Rosa-belle practically asleep on his shoulder.

I turn to Ivan, who's too busy staring at Poppy...I smack the upside of his head before raising an eyebrow when he growls at me, a menacing look on his face but, when he sees it was me...he's hurriedly apologetic, "Who's she on the phone with?" I ask him, but it's Diana who answers,

"It's Jamison, big my head is too fuzzy to even understand the conversation." She gestures to her bird's nest of a head. I close my eyes, breathing in lightly as a small pounding occurs on the side of my left temple, I don't remember even drinking much last night.