Chapter 8

Hope's POV: I paced across the cell restlessly as I glanced back, looking toward the iron door. I don't know how long I've been here, but I have to get back to the Salvatore School. I've heard the guards talking, they're planning something.

Over the last few days, I've managed to break the handcuffs off my wrist. Now the only thing keeping me from going home to my friends are these stupid bars. I've tried breaking them, but it seems that Triad has been upgrading.

Pulling at the bars, I growled under my breath as I kicked them in annoyance. "Why won't these stupid things...", I trailed off as the door slowly swung open. "Break", I finished quietly, stepping forward to look down the hall cautiously. I gasped as an arm went around my throat, cutting off my oxygen as I struggled to get free.

No, it can't end like this!

My eyes glowed orange before my hand touched their arm. "Let me go", I demanded, trying to use my powers, but once again found it useless. I felt my life slowly slipping away before I was tossed to the ground. Air finally reached my lungs as I coughed, looking up in search of my attacker only to find myself alone.

I breathed deeply, finally having reached the edge of the compound after what seemed like hours of wondering around the campgrounds. "Not so fast", I heard someone say, causing me to close my eyes in defeat. Turning around, I found myself facing not one, but multiple soldiers.

"You got to be kidding me", I grumbled.

"Walk...now", one demanded, pointing their gun at me.

I sighed before letting them push me down the road. I looked around, trying to find anyway out of this. "Get down", someone yelled. I turned my head as my eyes widened. I dropped to the ground before a bus flew over my head, missing by an inch.

What the hell was that?!

I coughed, getting off the ground as I looked toward the crashed bus in bewilderment.

Where did that come from?

Glancing toward the gate, my gaze drifted over to the crowd gathering by the bus before I took off running, the yelling around me fading away, as I ran into the woods.

Another chapter is up! Let me know what you think. Also if you have any ideas on the mystery, or any suggestions, I wouldn't mind reading them!