Chapter 33

Penelope's POV: I screamed as I caught glimpse of the gun as it went off. I could almost count the seconds as the bullet soared toward Josie's head before it just stopped in mid air. Josie spun around with wide eyes to see the bullets just inches away from her face. I breathed in shakily before noticing Blondie's bright blue eyes as sweat trailed down the girls forehead. The bullet dropped to the floor before Josie looked back at Lizzie with an shocked expression.

We heard a loud scream as we quickly turned around with panicked expressions before spotting Hope tearing the man limp from limp until the screams died down. I noticed Hope tearing into the man's leg, ripping meat from the bone as I winced at the sound. 

Getting to my feet, I quickly made my way over toward the wolf worriedly. "Hope, stop. He's had enough", I told her as she she continued to tear the mutilated body to shreds. "Hope, he's dead. Stop", I exclaimed, reaching forward to get her attention only for her to snap at me with a loud snarl. "Don't you want to get your girl some help", I whispered, gesturing toward the girls behind me. "You know as well as I do that she won't last much longer without some help", I hissed, causing her to glance back at the blonde with a spark in her eyes before taking off with a loud howl.

________________________________________________________________________________

Hope's POV: After going for help, I retreated to my room to cool off and change before heading down toward the infirmary to see Josie and Penelope waiting outside. "How did you know", I asked them.

"Know what", Penelope questioned.

"That we were in trouble", I pointed out.

"I felt it", Josie shrugged as I frowned in confusion, but before I could ask more, Mg walked out of Lizzie's room with a small smile.

"She asking for you", he told me, causing me to glance toward Josie almost nervously before getting to my feet and walking into the blonde's room.

"Hope, thank God", Lizzie breathed, laying down in the bed with a pained smile on her face. "I couldn't take another minute of doctor comic book nerd", she said as I looked her over.

"Well, I'm glad to see that you're okay", I smiled.

"I warned him that I was harder to kill than he thinks", she grinned as I shook my head. How can she make her near death experience a joke? "So...Josie really knows", she asked me nervously.

"Yeah...and I think it took you nearly dying for her to realize that she still cares about you", I told her.

"Dad doesn't...", she trailed off.

"Oh no. He doesn't know", I stated, watching her visibly relax.

"What if she doesn't want to see me, Pen", I hear Josie say anxiously as I glance back up at Lizzie.

"Before your sister burst through the door", I said, causing her to smile. "I wanted to give you this back", I stated, pulling out her locket.

"My necklace", she breathed. "I thought it burned up", she said as I helped her put in on. "Thank you", she smiled, holding onto the necklace fondly.

"No, I'm allowed to see her. I just got her back, Penelope", Josie exclaimed as I chuckled in amusement. 

"Don't you just love siblings", I joked, causing Lizzie to roll eyes as Josie stormed into the room with Penelope chasing after her.

"Sorry, I tired", Penelope told us, holding her hands up.

"Hey...", Lizzie waved awkwardly. Josie's eyes immediately fell to the necklace around Lizzie's neck as her eyes softened. "Josie, I really am sorry...", the poor girl got out before Josie practically tackled her into a hug.

"You're alive", she breathed, hugging the blonde tightly.

"Yeah, and I would actually like to stay that way", Lizzie gasped, causing the brunette to pull back sheepishly. 

"Oh...sorry", Josie apologized, causing Lizzie to roll her eyes with a small smile. 

"Come here, weirdo", she chuckled, causing Josie's eyes to brighten as she wrapped her arms around her sister once again. "I missed you too", Lizzie whispered tearfully.