Chapter 31

Lizzie's POV: I rolled over, opening my eyes tiredly to see someone sitting in the corner of the room. "Hope? Were you watching me sleep", I asked her, getting to my feet. "That's not creepy or anything...", I trailed off as they came into focus. 

"You were supposed to be dead", a deep voice rang out. "Rotting in an old well off Old Miller Road", he stated, stepping forward as I backed up against the wall. "So imagine my surprise when I got word that you were still walking around", he said, glaring down at me.

"Burr...", I got out before my head snapped to the side.

"I put a bullet through your chest", he growled out as my hand rubbed my jaw slightly. "So how the hell are you still breathing", he demanded as my hands trembled.

"Maybe I'm just harder to kill than you think", I hissed before his hand wrapped around my throat threateningly.

"Hey, Lizzie, I hope you're hungry, cause I...", I heard Hope say before something clattered to the floor. "You...", she breathed.

"H-hope...", I choked out.

"Let her go", she warned him shakily.

"This day keeps getting better and better", Burr muttered to himself. 

"I said, let her go", she shouted as her eyes glowed orange.

I flinched as I felt cold melt press against my temple. "Don't do anything stupid, Miss Mikaelson", he warned, as the gun clicked.

My eyes met Hope's tearfully before her gaze hardened. "I'm sorry", she told me as closed my eyes with a small sob. Surely she wouldn't just leave right? She can't leave! She can't leave me here... 

"That's it", he laughed, watching Hope walk off as tears trailed down my face. "I thought she would at least...", he said before he was knocked off his feet.

________________________________________________________________________________

Hope's POV: I shoved Burr to the ground before his gun went off, grazing my arm as I dove to the floor. Quickly getting to my feet, I kicked the gun out of his hand before a loud thud reached my ears. The ground rattled slightly as I turned around to see Lizzie laying on the floor. "Lizzie", I exclaimed, rushing forward before a hand wrapped around my ankle, causing me to fall face first to the floor.

"I was wondering how you got out of Triad", Burr laughed, getting to his feet and picking up the gun. "Now I know", he said, pulling the trigger as an deafening ring filled my ears. My eyes glowed brightly as the wall was stained in red.

"Lizzie", I screamed, jumping to my feet as an burning rage quickly filled my chest. 

"Hope...", a voice shouted, before I notice Penelope and Josie race into the room.

"Guys, get out of here", I yelled.