Chapter 32

Josie's POV: I breathed in sharply as I looked around the room, noticing Lizzie laying on the ground with blood slowly pooling around her. "Lizzie", I frowned, rushing forward and dropping next to her quickly. I looked her over, noticing a bullet wound on her side, and another on her shoulder. "Lizzie? Hey, wake up", I breathed, shaking her shoulder. 

"Josie? Come play with me", a small girl with blonde hair giggled, tugging on my arm as our parents chuckled in the background. "The aliens have taken over", she whispered as I laughed gleefully. 

"Lizzie, come on", I pleaded, pulling her into my lap.

"What do you think she would be like", I asked Hope, leaning back against the wall. 

"Who", she asked curiously.

"Lizzie...what do you think she would be like if she survived", I asked her.

"Oh...", she said, looking down at her hands thoughtfully. "Curious...almost like a child longing to see the world", she shrugged.

"Come on. Open your eyes", I pleaded, gripping her shirt as tears filled my eyes.

"It's strange...", Penelope muttered.

"What is", I asked in amusement as she starred down at her food.

"I never got her name...", she admitted.

"The one who saved you",I frowned.

"Yeah, but she's dead. I saw it when she went down", she sighed. "I just wish I could've seen her...one last time. To thank her for saving me", she told me.

"Josie", Penelope exclaimed, racing to my side. "Are you crazy? You could've been killed", she stated.

"Pen, s-she's not breathing. T-there's no pulse", I stammered out as tears trailed down my face. 

"Josie", she sighed.

"I never got to know her...I-I never got to tell her how sorry I was, and listen to her stories", I sniffed. "S...she just wanted a family, Penelope. Someone to love her...", I cried.

"Move over", Penelope instructed, laying Lizzie down on the floor.

"What are you doing", I asked.

"Saving her", she breathed as her eyes glowed a golden yellow. Pressing her hand to the girl's chest, an electric current went through her body, trying to restart her heart.

I noticed the blood on Lizzie's knee as my own throbbed slightly. "Lizzie hurt", I frowned as my parents lay her down on the couch. 

"Mommy, it hurts", Lizzie cried, before I sat down next to her in concern. 

Penelope shocked her again as I looked away tearfully.

"Liz otay", I asked, tilting my head with a slight frown.

"She's fine honey. It's just a scrape", daddy assured.

I frowned, looking at the tears streaming down my sisters face sadly. I grabbed my sister's hand, wiping the tears from her eyes. "It otay, Liz", I smiled, laying down beside her as mommy and daddy bandage her knee. "I protect you from bad trees", I told her seriously as my parents chuckled slightly. Lizzie smiled slightly as she slowly calmed down and cuddled into my side.

"I love you, Jo", she whispered. "You're best sister evwer", she yawned tiredly.

Penelope shocked her once again as a small gasp escaped the blonde's lips. My eyes widened as her eyes slowly opened. "Jo...", she coughed out weakly. 

"Lizzie...", I breathed. "You're...You're alive", I said, hugged her carefully as tears soaked through her shirt.

"She needs medical attention, or else she won't come back this time", Penelope warned as I pulled away with a sniff.

"But what are we gonna do? That guy-"

"Josie", I heard Penelope scream as a gunshot echoed around the room.