Chapter 34

Hey guys! Sorry to inform you this, but this will sadly be the last chapter of Darkest Legacies...

Penelope's POV: I rubbed my eyes tiredly, I glaring at my door in annoyance. Getting out of bed, I threw the door open before Hope walked inside. "Is Josie around", she asked as the rain continued pouring down outside.

"No, she's probably sleeping", I yawned, shutting the door. "Like any other sane person at 3 a.m.", I pointed out, sitting down on my bed, watching her pace the room anxiously. "Okay, what's got your underwear in a twist", I asked. "Shouldn't you be celebrating? We beat the bad guy, remember", I said. "The guy who killed your parents", I stated. "You should be jumping with joy or whatever", I said as she paused mid-step.

"Burr wasn't the one who killed my parents", she admitted.

"What? But you told me-"

"It was Lizzie", she blurted out. 

"What", I asked in disbelief. "But why would she...I mean, she...", I trailed off. 

"Yeah...", she said, sitting down beside me. "But I've been going over it in my head", she told me. "And...something just doesn't add up", she frowned.

"What are you saying, Hope", I questioned.

"That's this is only the beginning", she said as lightening lit up the room.

________________________________________________________________________________

Josie's POV: I jumped awake as a loud clap of thunder filled the room. I exhaled shakily as I got out of bed, and made my way over toward the bed across from me. "Lizzie", I questioned, trying to shake her awake. "Lizzie, wake up", I pleaded, pulling the blankets off her before my heart stopped. I stepped back, dropping the blanket in horror as a loud scream escaped my lips.

Wow...now that's a cliffhanger, but don't worry. This may be the end of the line for Darkest Legacies, but that also means a beginning for its squeal: 'The Dark Truth'. 😊