Chapter 12

Josie's POV: I paced around my room angrily, trying to control my breathing, as memories of Hope flew around my head. "We need to talk", Penelope told me, walking into my room.

"D-did you know", I demanded, crossing my arms over my chest. "Did you know that he was keeping this from me", I questioned.

"Josie, MG is my fr-"

"MG", I questioned, pausing as I looked at her in confusion. "What does this have to do with MG", I asked her, causing her to sigh.

________________________________________________________________________________

November 25th, 2030- Three Months Ago

Penelope's POV: I held my head as I stumbled my way down the hall to find Dr. Saltzman. Why didn't I listen to Josie? If I had, then I would never be in this mess. Shaking the thoughts from my head, I smiled in victory as Dr. Saltzman's office came into view.

"What's going on over there, Veronica", I overheard him ask, causing me to pause. "We had a deal", he said. "You said as long as I keep your son here, then the Salvatore school would remain under your protection", he exclaimed.

"Yes...well, you see, Alaric", I heard someone say as I peeked into the room to see Dr. Saltzman talking on the phone. "The rules have changed", they admitted.

"What do you mean changed", he asked. "By whom", he questioned, before the line went dead.

________________________________________________________________________________

Present 

"Your dad made a deal with Veronica in order to protect the school", I stated.

"Veronica? The leader of Triad Industries", Josie asked in shock.

"She wanted her son to stay safe", I nodded.

"I...I don't understand...", she whispered tearfully.

"Veronica wasn't only the leader of Triad Industries, Josie. She's MG's mom", I explained.

"MG...w-why didn't he tell anyone...", she asked me.

"To keep things like this from happening", I pointed out. "If people were to know that, then people would only see him as Veronica's only weakness", I explained. 

"Penelope, that's not what he-"

"Josie, there's no time. Come on", I exclaimed, taking her hand and rushing from the room.

"Penelope, what is going on", Josie asked.

"I think Hope may be in danger", I breathed.

"Hope...you remember her too...", she trailed off.

"Long story", I waved her off.