Gateway Drug | Part Five

Warning(s): Explicit language

----------

The weeks to follow that fight with Tommy were pretty screwy. My grades were, at that point, average instead of their usual above average, it was getting harder for me to hold my tongue anytime my mother ranted about the growing rock scene on the strip, and I just really missed my best friend.

Tansy and I were spending more time together but it just wasn't the same as hanging out with Tommy. Tansy was too cautious about what to say sometimes, whereas Tommy didn't have a filter. Although that was offensive sometimes, it was refreshing. Tommy wasn't the only offensive one I missed. I got bored more often since I didn't have Nikki to argue with, not to mention I really missed Mick's blatant, unapologetic comments. I even missed Vince. Unfortunately, my feelings have never been a match for my stubbornness, especially back then. It's what eventually caused some of the issues between Nikki and I. I never knew when to quit unless someone made me, and even making me took great lengths.

The wet pavement that smells of rain glistens under street lights as I make my way out of the church after Sunday night service, my arm encircling my bible as I reach in to my purse to grab my keys.

As I get closer to my car in the mainly empty parking lot, I see a familiar figure leaned against it with crossed arms and a bottle of Jack in his hand and I prepare myself for an argument, glancing around to make sure no one else is around.

Hazel eyes look me up and down as I step closer, a mocking smile on his lips as he scoffs.

"Uh oh, you dirty slut, your ankles are showing." Nikki teases and I ignore him, going to open my door but he blocks me, his leg pressed to the door handle. "I thought you were dead."

"Are you sure you want to risk being so close to a house of God? Aren't you afraid you'll combust?" I snap at him, putting my bible on the roof of my car and crossing my arms as he licks his lips.

"I've missed that bitchy little temper of yours." He grins.

"And I've missed..." I take a second to think of what I've missed about him, but I can't tell him I've missed him in general. He'll get cocky. "...your hair."

"My hair? That's it?" He asks as if he knows I just made something up to avoid the truth and I raise my brows.

"Despite it being attached to a nitwit, I've always thought you had pretty hair. Take the compliment and go."

"Gladly, once you and Tommy sort through this shit." He states. "It's getting harder for him to focus but he won't come talk to you."

"Ah, and the truth comes out. You aren't here because you missed being a pain in my neck, you're here to convince me to apologize so Tommy's musical juices or whatever will start flowing again."

"Yeah, yeah, Mötley Crüe's success is at your mercy or whatever, just make it right." He orders me sternly with a quick change of attitude, growing tired of my uncooperative stance already.

"I know you don't know me very well, but I don't do good with people telling me what to do. I'm known to retaliate and do the complete opposite." I give him the same tone he's giving me and he rolls his jaw.

"Why the hell can't you just admit you were wrong?" He bites out and I laugh without humor.

"Was I?"