Gateway Drug | Part Twenty-Nine

Warning(s): 
Explicit language
Drug use
Explicit sexual situations

----------

"You're fucking overreacting, Vivian!" Nikki snaps at me as we stomp to the car and I stop to turn at him.

"I'm overreacting? To what, exactly, Nikki? You giving out intimate pictures of your wife—which perverts our marriage, by the way—or you entertaining the disrespectful groupie?! Because you managed to spit in my face twice in ten minutes!"

"I perverted our marriage? It was a fucking picture, not a fucking train that we ran on you, Vivian! Get over yourself!"

"You get over yourself and fucking admit you're wrong and you know it!"

"I fucked up when I was fucked up! That doesn't count!"

"No, it does, because you know there's a chance you can do something wrong every time you get shit faced but you ignore it and do it anyway so using that as an excuse is completely invalid and simply just you refusing to take the blame, as always!" I throw my hands up and start towards the car again.

"You are such a spoiled little brat!" He argues, snatching at my wrist, making me spin around to face him. "You're so use to people kissing your fucking feet for your forgiveness that you act like the sky's fucking falling when someone won't do whatever the fuck you want!"

"Oh, really?!"

"Yes, really, and part of that's my fault because I've gone out of my way to keep you happy at times and it still is never enough! You're always gonna find something to be pissed at me about!"

"Do you hear yourself talking, Nikki?! When is the last time you have done anything for me—that I've actually asked for?! I didn't want my own fucking expensive car. So don't throw that in my face like I should be perfectly fine with what you do and how you choose to humliate me just because I'm lucky enough to be married to hot-shot rockstar Nikki Sixx, and I could care less about the money because I'd rather have a relatively sober husband over a fucking corvette any day!"

"So all of this comes back to heroin?!" He raises his brows. "Your prudeness and insecurity is my fault because I shoot up sometimes?! They see naked girls all the fucking time, Vivian!" He points in the direction of the Rainbow. "Don't get pissy over this just because you think your pussy is so fucking special that nobody but me can see it because I promise you, I've had better!"

I can tell he regrets saying it the second it leaves his mouth, but it's a low blow that shatters my pride.

I just step past him, letting out a tired breath, heading back to the Rainbow.

"Where are you going?" He asks me.

I just ignore him.

I stayed with Vince and Sharise that night, and the night after that, and the night after that...okay...I stayed at Vince's for three weeks, and it drove Nikki up the wall because Vince was becoming his least favorite but he stilled liked him enough to give him a picture of me masturbating so...

Three weeks in which Nikki was apparantly going out of his mind on heroin to hide the fact I had temporarily left him.

I just wanted a sincere apology where he admitted his heroin use was beginning to affect him more and more and was creating strife in our marriage.

But I never got that kind of apology until 1988.

"Fuck!" Sharise lets out when a loud pop sounds through the kitchen while she's cooking bacon.