Gateway Drug | Part Sixty-Nine

Warning(s):
Explicit Language 
Mentions of drug abuse 

----------

"Where are you--"

I'm shut up with the sound of Nikki slamming the door before I can finish asking him where he's going, and I let out a heavy breath.

"--Going." I finish my question with a heavy sigh.

We've only been off the road for a couple days and tomorrow is our last day home, so we decided it'd just be easier for us to stay at the house instead of one of us sleeping elsewhere, but he's been staying somewhere else every night we've been home...I don't want to know who he's been staying with or what they've been doing, so I haven't bothered to ask.

I glance at the clock, seeing it's 5:47pm, and go ahead and assume that since he's been leaving the house around this time every day and hasn't been coming back until the next morning, that he's not coming home again until tomorrow.

Which means I'm by myself, being that Karen is on a small vacation ever since we've been home and she hasn't been having to watch our house.

"Great." I sarcastically mumble to myself, deciding to start on dinner, Whisky staying under my feet. "If Daddy isn't careful, I'm going to choke him with his own hair." I say to him and he looks up at me with a wagging tail and big smile. "Glad we can agree."

I get one pan out of the cabinet before I'm putting it on the counter, and sighing out.

"You know what? I don't want to cook." I state, putting the pan back, shutting the cabinet door, and stepping to the phone, dialing a number.

It rings a couple times before the line is picked up, and I smile at the voice on the other end.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Stevie, it's Viv." I tell him.

"Hey, babe, what's going on?" He asks me.

"I'm looking for Duff, do you know where he is?"

"He's in the shower." He replies. "You want me to tell him you're on the line?"

"No, it's okay, just tell him to gimme a call ba--"

"--Duff, it's Viv!" I hear Steven scream and I cringe, pulling the phone away from my ear a little.

I hear Duff's muffled reply, opening my mouth to tell Steven that I'll call back later, but I'm being cut off again.

"I said, 'Viv's on the line'!" Steven yells again, hearing Duff respond. "He's coming." Steven assures me.

"Stevie, you could've waited until he was out of the shower." I comment.

"Trust me, Viv, he would want me to interrupt him if it's for you." He states. "Ok, he's here, I love you, bye."

"Love you, bye." I reply.

"Hey." Duff takes over.

"Hey, I'm sorry I interrupted your bathing, I tried telling Stevie you could just call me back later."

"No, no, Viv, you're fine." He assures me.

"Oh."

"What's up?" He asks and I look around my kitchen.

"Um...I was just wondering if you're free tonight?"

The line is quiet for a second and I raise my brows, rubbing my lips together, waiting for him to say something.