Gateway Drug | Part Seventy-Four [Pt.2]

Warning(s):
Explicit language
Drug abuse

----------

My back hits the bathroom stall, my fingers tangled in blonde hair, the taste of cigarettes and vodka cloaking my tongue, Duff's hands holding tightly to me, a small, nervous chuckle leaving his lips between kisses. 

"We're doin' this here?" He asks me when he pulls away to heave in a breath. 

"Yeah. Why wouldn't we?" I grin, kissing him again for a brief moment and he raises his brows. 

"Because Tommy and Nikki are with us." He points out. 

"They're plastered. They won't notice a thing." I assure him, my hands tugging at his belt, standing on my tip-toes to press my lips to his once more before I get his belt undone, unbuttoning his pants and crouching so I'm eye level with his crotch. 

We hear the bathroom door open and I freeze to about making noise, trying not to incriminate myself.

Within less than two seconds, we see Stevie's fluffy blonde hair peeking over the next stall, his eyes following after, scrunched with a smile.

"Jesus, Steven!" I scold, my face turning bright red from embarrassment. 

"Whatcha doin'?" He asks. 

"Man, seriously, you choose now?" Duff asks him. 

"You never answered my question." Steven ignores him, still grinning. 

"I was about to pray, Steven." I reply sarcastically. 

"Being obvious that you're blowing Duff in the bathroom." He points out. 

"Dude!" Duff looks at him pointedly, not impressed. 

"What, I'm just saying. You two disappeared at the same time. What do you think's gonna happen?" 

"Tommy and Nikki aren't even paying attention." I argue, standing up.

"Nikki got on the subject of divorce and then asked where you were." Steven explains. "I'm trying to get you out there before he asks where Duff is." 

"Divorce? What'd he say about divorce?" I ask next and Duff glances at me from the corner of his eye. 

"He doesn't want to split half of his money with you." He tells me.

"He doesn't have to. I've been putting away 20% of every check he gets since last February, and that $40,000 from Playboy, into a savings account that's protected by a certificate of deposit." I tell him.

"He hasn't noticed?" Steven asks me next. 

"He's been too strung out." I shrug and they look at me, looking to be questioning my morals. 

"You've been siphoning money out of your husband's pockets, using his heroin addiction to your advantage because he hasn't been paying enough attention to notice?" Steven clarifies.

"No, no, that makes me sound evil. I'm not evil. I'm being smart--I'm thinking ahead." I state, but Stevie doesn't look convinced. "Stevie, whether we divorce or not, we're both gonna be out of money soon because he's blowing through it. Whatever's in that account can be divided between the two of us if he wants it to be, I don't care."

"So, he knows you've been putting money away?" Duff asks me.

"...No."

"Viv, you don't have a savings account. You have a 'when this shit goes to hell, I'll be stable' account." Steven informs me, glancing at Duff. "We owe Izzy another fifty bucks." He mumbles.