Gateway Drug | Part Eighty-Four

Warning(s):
Drug abuse (overdose)
Explicit language
Suicide attempt

----------

Duff and I move like the speed of lightening, him getting his pants on and me just putting my panties on and his t-shirt that got pulled off, before we rush next door with Steven, seeing people scrambling out the door, into connected suites, flushing drugs, all while Sally and Slash are working on waking him up, smacking at his face, to no avail. 

"Wh-What happened?!" I ask them. 

"Someone fucking shot him up and he fell out." She states.

"Who?" I ask and she sighs. 

"Vivian, we really don't have time for questions, help me get him to the bath." She says just as I'm looking over her shoulder where we're crouched over Nikki, to see Sparkie, shock on his face. 

We make eye contact and I just know he did this. 

"Vivian!" She snaps and I'm back to reality, helping them to drag him to the bathroom all while Sparkie takes the opportunity to get out of dodge. 

Suddenly Slash starts crying hysterically, clearly drunk and under the influence of many different substances. 

"Slash, calm down." Sally assures him as we get some cold water on Nikki's body, Duff and Steven still slapping at his face. 

"Damn it, Nikki." Duff mumbles, trying to keep himself calm. 

"Slash," Sally repeats as he starts getting louder and louder to the point it's hard to focus on the issue at hand. 

She stands and goes to the bathroom door, and Slash stops crying in a second. 

"I'm sorry to knock him out but the last thing we need is to get hysterical over this, we can get him back if we try hard enough." She assures us. 

After another minute and nothing's changing, I get uneasy. 

"The ambulance is on the way." I hear someone say over the noise of the running water and the blood throbbing in my ears from my mind racing.  

My heart feels like it's about to burst, my lungs feel flat, like they don't have the muscle to expand and let me catch my breath.  

Duff's t-shirt that I'm wearing is soaked with freezing cold water, Nikki's grayish-yellow skin now blue…  

Steven tries to knock him awake with his cast--from an injury he'd gotten earlier this week--before me, Sally, Duff and him get Nikki from the cold shower and get him back in the living room floor, tearing at his shirt and the buttons fly off.  

"Holy shit." Steven says just under his breath as I go to start cpr but I'm stopping when my hands hit something like ice. 

I quickly see what it is and I nearly fall back.  

It's my crucifix that I thought I had lost when I left it in Duff's hotel room a couple months ago…

"He knows." I say it with a panic in my voice, beginning to hyperventilate. "Duff, he knows." 

Duff looks at me, confused and frantic before he eyes the crucifix and if he had time to think about it, he would. 

"Viv, just stay calm." Steven tells me as Sally starts pumping on Nikki's chest. 

"C'mon, Nikki," She pleads by the fourth round. 

Nothing. 

"C'mon, I'm getting tired." She states and Duff takes over while Steven waits by his head for any sign of life.