New Start

Well the morning went pretty good and all up until lunch. Sitting down alone at a table, I ate what my mom packed me; home-made chicken nuggets with some chewy gummy fish. Surprised, Ellie ran over to me and sat with me for lunch. "You go to this school now?!" Ellie said being so ecstatic with joy.

"Yup and I found some FTM transgender support site groups online." I smiled. Ellie and the rest of the girls in our little group already knew I was transgender and they all supported me... or so I thought.

We seen the twins walk by but with the most meanest girl in the entire school: Sarah Coleman. What and why were the twins with her?

Getting startled, Sarah slammed her tray down in front of me. "Girls. Sit." she said demandingly to the twins and they obeyed her. "Well, well, well if it isn't the trans freak of nature." she said taunting me.

How did she know I was transgender? I wasn't even out about it to the school yet! "W-what do you want, Sarah..." I nervously stared at her. "People like you don't deserve to be here in this world. So as a token of my liking to you "things"..." She picked up her water bottle, unpopped the cap off and poured it all over me.

My jaw dropped and I ran off to the bathrooms. Crying in one of the stalls, I wondered why Mary and Kate would betray me now. If it was anyone who told Sarah, it was the twins. "Lucy?" I heard a familiar voice. "Lucy, it's me Sofie, I seen you run in here. Is everything ok?" she asked with concern.

"No I'm not ok. Mary and Kate ... they've betrayed me. They're bullies like Sarah now and they hate me cause I'm transgender." I said with more tears forming. "Don't worry Lucy, we'll talk to them and set things straight ... I hope." Sofie sounded a bit worried which concerned me more.

After she calmed me down, she walked me back to my classroom. I didn't know what to do. I've never had anyone bully me for who I am. I kinda started to cry again the entire day, which my teacher noticed and called my mom to pick me up.

Sure while I did like this school, I wasn't happy there. Yes, I did have the girls support me but the bullying I couldn't handle. The next year rolled around and I started homeschooling. It was the best! I could do it at my own pace, on my own time.