The Last Cake

It was finally my 16th birthday. I was overwhelmed as I gathered those cards I had made. Mom and dad called me down as of my birthday was ready.

I came down and in the back of my head, all I could think was that I was going to be dead.

"Surprise! Happy birthday Lucy!" Everyone said as I came downstairs. "Lucas, Lucas." I kept repeating in my head, today was going to be freedom.

16 years of suffering and I've had enough of it. Its time I be my true self! We all sat down and had some cake and played some games. After everything had died down and all my friends had left, I took my parents into the kitchen to have a talk.

I gave out the cards and they looked at them very puzzled. "What's this card for?" Mom asked. "Open it." I said.

They did so as they seen a note written in the inside of the card. It had the definition term of transgender and my little coming out note.

Hello mom and dad!

I know I'm your girl on the outside...

But you haven't met the real me...

I've actually been your boy the entire time!

I hope you'll still love me even if I am your son.

They finished reading the letter and both looked at me. As I still had my wig on to make it look like I was still a girl, I removed it. "I'm not your daughter Lucy, but I've always been your son, Lucas." I said as I tried to smile.

My dad looked pretty neutral about the situation and put the letter into his pants pocket. Meanwhile I looked towards mom as she had a furious look. She took the card and ripped it.

My semi-smile faded away. Tears came to my face. I could see Caleb nearby through my watery eyes in case chaos broke out.

"Get out." She said with teeth locked together. "Get out now! Your not worth to even live under this roof!" She made a fist.

I ran out the door with my face covered in tears. I sort of did stop and wait for Caleb. I could see him coming out with my suitcase I had packed.

I heard him the entire time yelling at our parents of how horrible they are. He caught up to me. In the background I could hear her yelling.

"What is wrong with that child!" Mari shouted at her husband. "She is a sin, I mean for thinking she is a boy when yet she acts everything like a girl!" She exclaimed.

Those were the last words I ever heard and hopefully didn't have to hear them again. Me and Caleb went on our way to Ellie's house.

I didn't know what would happen next but all I knew is that I was finally free.