The Letter

Well a week has passed and so has my 14th birthday. This is an embarrassing chapter. Remember that cringey "love" poem I made about Caleb? You do? Good, keep that in mind for this chapter.

If I remember correctly it was a Saturday morning and I was in my hideaway area listening to music on my new mp3 player I got for my birthday; listening to 9 in the afternoon by Panic at the Disco. Things with me and Caleb with the make out session we had were still pretty awkward.

Caleb came in my room with some brunch for me since I hadn't eaten yet. At the time I was in my hideaway spot like usual when he peaked in. "Uh ... hey Luc-Lucas?" he sounded unsure but I nodded as he was correct. He sat my food of left-over hotdogs and mac and cheese on my desk.

"Thanks Caleb ..." I was hesitant for what I was about to say. "Listen Caleb about a week ago with the entire kiss-" Caleb broke my sentence. "Hey, what's this note for?" He picked up the love poem I had wrote. "Super Love?" he curiously asked. I instantly turned a bright red on my cheeks.

"D-do you really have that much of a big crush on me?" There was nothing but awkward silence after that. He could tell just by my blushing face. Suddenly I hear a tear as I look up seeing Caleb rip up my poem. My mouth dropped into complete shock. I seriously knew that Caleb was completely denying any of his feelings.

We were in love with each other but how could we both realize that? How could I get him to realize that?

Around 7:00 PM a little while after dinner, we both went into our separate rooms. An hour passed and Caleb's room door opened. Sure, I was curious but I was to afraid since he ripped up my poem.