003: truth of lying

three

three . . . truth of lying
( october 14, 2149 — mount weather )

          IT WAS CULLEN'S day off from working in the library — a rare occasion in her circumstance — and she planned to spend it healing things with Maya as well as getting to know some of the forty-eight delinquents

          IT WAS CULLEN'S day off from working in the library — a rare occasion in her circumstance — and she planned to spend it healing things with Maya as well as getting to know some of the forty-eight delinquents. Her original plan was to set out for breakfast with Maya, though when Cullen arrived at the Vie residence in the neighboring room, neither Maya nor Vincent were home. It didn't come as much of a surprise to Cullen, who ventured her way towards the Mess Hall alone, for the second day in a row.

She'd be lying if she said her thoughts hadn't been on Clarke the entire night. She tossed and turned, burdened with the inability to sleep as she replayed her encounter with the blond sky girl over and over again in her head — Cullen felt like she had been ridiculed with guilt over telling Clarke how to get into Medical; she had broken one of Mount Weather's most enforced laws, for a girl who had threatened her best friend's life only a day prior. Cullen hadn't any doubts that she had done the right thing, however. This, she knew her Mother would have done, and Cullen prepped herself to trust whatever Clarke was looking for.

The Mess Hall doors were open when Cullen arrived, conversations filled with raised voices and laughter fluttering out of the room and absorbing the entirety of level five. From where Cullen leisurely walked towards the opening from the elevator, she noticed many unfamiliar faces — one of an Asian boy, who's black eyebrows were creased together comprehensively as his eyes roamed whatever he could see from where he stood in the entrance of the Mess Hall. His posture was uncomfortably rigid, lanky arms crossed sternly against the light blue button up he was wearing.

Unhesitatingly, Cullen stopped a few feet away from the boy, a kind smile going missed on her lips as she said, "You look lost."

The boy looked to Cullen, mahogany eyes filled with doubt as though he wasn't sure why the Vander female had bothered speaking to him. Though, her smile remained permanently on her lips — not so much that it would push him into further discomfort, but enough for him to know Cullen wasn't going to be judgemental of whatever he did next.