050: trust is a funny thing

fifty

fifty . . . trust is a funny thing
( march 28, 2150 — polis )

          TRIKRU HAD BEEN one of the first clans to die

          TRIKRU HAD BEEN one of the first clans to die. The death of their warrior, Fio, did not come lightly to anyone, undoubtedly both Indra and Gaia, with the younger of the Mother-daughter duo being the one to announce that Trikru would not be taking the bunker.

It was a few hours into the conclave, and Cullen still stood presently beside Kane, her sorrowful eyes watching as Indra and Gaia cried into each other's arms, the Mother coming to terms with the fact she was out of revolutions that could save her daughter's life. Gaia, the strong spirit that she was, had her moment of sadness with her Mother before she returned to the balcony, where she was overseeing the grounds of Polis.

From the other side of her, Bellamy had been quietly beckoning to himself that the flamekeeper scout would not come and put out their flame — the extinguish of their flame meant Octavia was dead, and all Bellamy could think about was his sister not coming out of the conclave alive. Though she wished to console him and reassure the negative thoughts away, Cullen's throat had grown dry as the flamekeeper scout walked past their flame, and on to another clan that had died. Out of the three advisers, though Kane was officially considered the Ambassador, Kane was the only one that was properly present in the throne room, occasionally talking with the other Ambassadors when he wasn't standing with Cullen and Bellamy at their flame.

"Octavia's still out there." Kane said out of relief, moving his eyes to Bellamy.

"Couldn't tell her I loved her, even with the world ending." Revealed Bellamy.

This drew Cullen out of her depressed trance, tired green eyes dragging up to wander around Bellamy's face. He seemed more dazed than before, looking anywhere that wasn't at the two people accompanying him — just by the way he was standing, Cullen could tell that all Bellamy wanted was to be alone. She couldn't blame him, as she too wanted to be anywhere that wasn't a throne room filled with rival Ambassadors all rooting for the other clans' warriors to die.

"Trust me, Bellamy, she knows." Kane was able to console him, placing a hand on his shoulder.

Temperamentally, Bellamy shrugged Kane's hand away. "I should have told her."