033: suppressed emotions

thirty three

thirty three . . . suppressed emotions
( february 24, 2150 — arkadia )

          "OPEN THE ROVER!" Clarke's voice shouted, Cullen falteringly standing from where she sat crossed legged in the back of the vehicle

          "OPEN THE ROVER!" Clarke's voice shouted, Cullen falteringly standing from where she sat crossed legged in the back of the vehicle. Rounding the open door, her jaw slacked at the sight of Bellamy and Clarke carrying the weight of a large man between them, practically dragging him along the wet grass as his head hung before him unconsciously.

"What—" Cullen began to question, but quickly moved to do as she was told. She roughly pulled open the other door to the back of the rover, startling Octavia and Jasper, who were sitting across from each other leisurely. "Get out."

Neither of them questioned her order, hearing the urgency in her tone. They scampered from the vehicle, Cullen hastily reaching inside to clear the floor to make room for the man's large body to be laid across the base.

"Who the hell is that?" Octavia questioned as Bellamy and Clarke passed them, Cullen helping to lift the man into the rover. "Bellamy."

The man didn't answer his sister, only finished loading the man into the rover before he reached for the gun that sat in the holster around Cullen's thigh — he clicked off the safety, and aimed it to the man's head. Clarke ignored the action, moving to seize hold of Cullen's hands to press firmly against the bullet wound in the man's left arm while she rummaged through their gear to find the medical supplies.

Cullen turned to Bellamy, wide eyes flickering around his wary features. "Did you shoot him?"

"He was going to kill Clarke." He answered roughly.

"Here, Cullen." Clarke called for her attention, the Vander female looking away from Bellamy and down to where her hands glistened brightly with crimson blood. She handed Cullen a pad that she pressed firmly against the wound while Clarke rounded his arm with a bandage, tying it tightly to stop the blood flow. "There."

Bellamy's hand wrapped around Cullen's bicep, helping her jump down from the back of the rover, hands drenched with blood held out in front of her. Octavia hurriedly unscrewed the cap off a water bottle, washing it over Cullen's hands as she scrubbed the blood away from her skin, it seeping into the Earth discursively.