030: not your mistakes

thirty

thirty . . . not your mistakes
( february 22, 2150 — boat people territory )

          BELLAMY WINCED AS Cullen's head slammed against the headrest, again, for the fourth time that hour

          BELLAMY WINCED AS Cullen's head slammed against the headrest, again, for the fourth time that hour. He was driving as carefully as he was able to, but their path wasn't the smoothest of courses, and Cullen had chose a moving vehicle to try and sleep in — Bellamy was genuinely apologetic, Cullen noticing the sheepish look her sent her in return for the annoyed glare she passed him.

"It's been an hour since we passed the airplane wreckage." Said Jasper, who was inspecting the map inside Lincoln's book. "Seeing as we're using a map without any distances, it could be days before we reach Luna's village."

"At least we know we're going in the right direction." Bellamy replied.

"We're running out of daylight. We should stop in the sun to recharge the battery." The Jordan boy continued.

"What sun?" Clarke, who sat across from Jasper, asked, looking out the windshield at the cloudy sky. "We keep going until it dies."

"We keep going until we get to Luna." Octavia disputed, thunder following her words as rain began to pour from the clouds, heavy droplets hitting the top of the rover.

There was a pause in the back of the rover, before Jasper asked, "This her?" Cullen turned around in the passenger seat, looking across to the drawing of a woman with wild curly hair marking the page — Octavia confirmed that it was Luna. "What do you think she's gonna say when we show up asking to put an A.I. in her head?"

"Let's hope she's cooperable." Said Cullen.

"Lincoln said she helps those that are in trouble. She'll help us, too." Assured Octavia.

Cullen turned back around in her seat, eyes glancing across to Bellamy, who timidly returned the stare — it was brief, though long enough to soothe the raging emotions that flickered around Cullen's emerald irises. He looked away, focusing on the path in front of them while Cullen kept her attention on him, frowning at the cuts that delved deep in his skin.