024: it's all radio talk

twenty four

twenty four . . . it's all radio talk
( february 17, 2150 — arkadia )

          A GUARD DETAILING at eight in the morning wasn't an ideal situation to Cullen

A GUARD DETAILING at eight in the morning wasn't an ideal situation to Cullen. She enjoyed her sleep far too much to be walking the walls of Arkadia from eight until four, but it was the shift she was given in order to avoid Bellamy's twelve till nine. It was times like those, the February sun rising high in the sky, when Cullen rethought the conflict between the two — although, every time she thought about rekindling the friendship she somewhat missed, Bellamy did something that assured her the distance was necessary.

She had just completed yet another round around Arkadia when she slowly approached the gate, which was being pulled open upon Pike's demand. She was in no hurry to be anywhere near the Chancellor, so she slowed her walk to a dawdle, eyes and ears perking to be discreetly involved in the interaction taking place at the gate.

There were two horses, and mounted on top, two Grounders clad heavily in black armor — and, to Cullen's surprise, it was Bellamy who approached them.

"Talk." He demanded.

"We seek the one you call Pike." One of the Grounders said.

"Why?"

"An army has fallen, blood soaking the Earth where he took their lives one by one." The Grounder announced.

"Welcome to the war against Skaikru." Said Bellamy, not an ounce of remorse for his actions in his words.

"Life was taken. We demand life in return." Said the Grounder as Pike approached Bellamy's side. Cullen had heard of this before — the massacre of eighteen people brought forward by Finn. When he killed those eighteen people without a purpose other than thinking they held Clarke captive, the Commander demanded Finn's life in return for the ones he had taken. She supposed it was like a law; a very sickening law, at that.