017: casualties in the field

seventeen

seventeen . . . casualties in the field
( january 27, 2150 — arkadia )

          CULLEN WANDERED OVER to the rover, where she noticed the legs of Raven Reyes sticking out from underneath its metal build

          CULLEN WANDERED OVER to the rover, where she noticed the legs of Raven Reyes sticking out from underneath its metal build. There were tools cluttering the floor, and another creeper in sight for Cullen to snag and prep for her weight, before she slid underneath the rover beside Raven.

"What's up, Birdie?" Asked Cullen, eyes moving from where Raven's hands worked against the frame, to the girl herself. As always, there was a twisted look of concentration masking Raven's beautiful olive features, presenting her as the true mechanic that ruled over her heart. "Didn't you fix this thing a few days ago?"

"I'm just prepping it for today's run." Raven answered, gritting her teeth together as she tightened something with a wrench. Even after dividing her time between Medical, mechanics, and Guard training, Cullen still didn't understand what Raven was doing with her hands. Whatever it was, Cullen was sure Raven was doing it sufficiently, it just all seemed like jumble to her. "Why are you here?"

Cullen grinned. "Sound a bit more excited, why don't you?"

"You know what I mean, Ace." Said Raven, sparing Cullen a quick glance. The tough mechanic demeanour melted away, and was replaced with a look of genuine interest. "You never come in here."

"I was in here two days ago." Cullen remarked. "You were teaching me how to fix the door to mine and Monty's residence."

A look of remembrance passed by Raven's features, before she swiftly shook her head. "I mean, you don't come in here when Bellamy's in here."

Her mood dulled once again as a result of Raven's statement, because she found it to be completely true, but she didn't allow Raven to see that. "Kane thought it'd be a good idea for me to come out with you guys today. He said I need more time out in the field."