035: very last resort

thirty five

thirty five . . . very last resort
( february 24, 2150 — polis )

 very last resort( february 24, 2150 — polis )

          "RECONSIDER." BELLAMY BEGGED from where he sat beside Cullen, refusing for Abby to prick the needle into her arm. Clarke had already been hooked up, the transfusion only needing Cullen to be connected before it would begin — Bellamy was making that impossible, his hands holding tightly onto Cullen's arms. "Please, reconsider this."

Cullen looked to Abby, smiling patiently. "Can you give us a minute?" She requested, the Griffin woman nodding once before moving away; Cullen looked back to Bellamy, placing a hand on his cheek. "I'm gonna be fine."

"You don't know that."

"I do. I've seen this happen before — in Mount Weather, Jasper did a blood transfusion with Maya so that she could heal from the radiation. He was perfectly fine after." Cullen said, thumb stroking over the apple of Bellamy's cheek as she looked to him with wonderment. "I promise that I'm gonna be fine. You have to trust me on this."

Bellamy's eyes moved between hers, before sighing lightly, and answering, "I do."

She smiled, fondly stroking his cheek once more before she dropped her hand, and looked back to Abby. "I'm ready."

Abby inserted the needle into Cullen's left arm, smiling apologetically when the girl winced upon the painful prick. She put tape over the needle to ensure it didn't come out, before asking Cullen if she was comfortable enough; after stating there wasn't a way to be comfortable in this situation, Abby moved back to Clarke to prep something else that she had forgotten.

"Balcony's greased." Pike informed Bellamy as he entered back into the room from behind them. After Clarke agreed to the blood transfusion, Octavia spotted the Grounders, led by Kane, climbing up the side of the tower in order to get to the throne room. "No one's getting in through here."

"Good. There's enough lamp oil to cover every window on the floor except the Commander's chambers." Replied Bellamy.

"Then that's where the fighting starts. We'll dig in there." Pike said, looking to Bellamy for confirmation — the man nodded, enacting Pike, Miller, and Bryan to walk out of the room.