+ ooi right and wrong

i . . . right and wrong
( november 2, 2149 — mount weather )

          THEIR PLAN HAD completely dissolved within five minutes — though five minutes seemed ambitious to Bellamy

          THEIR PLAN HAD completely dissolved within five minutes — though five minutes seemed ambitious to Bellamy. After finding Monty kneeling over the dead body of Mrs Ryan, and learning that the people at Mount Weather knew about the army of Grounders on the other side of the door and inside the Harvest Chamber, they discovered the bodies of Vincent Vie and Julian Vander. One of them was dead, a clean bullet wound in the middle of his forehead, while the other grappled over their last dying breaths, red blood soaking Cullen's palms as she attempted to slow down her Father's inevitable death.

While Jasper consoled Maya, and Monty stood watch at the Harvest Chamber door, Bellamy looked away from the countless empty cages that once contained Grounders, and down to Cullen. Her back was turned towards him, head dipped close to Julian's as her shoulders shook with the cries that racked through her body, going drowned out by Maya's screams of agony; even with the conflicting noise right below him, Bellamy was able to hear every sob that left Cullen's mouth as Julian died in her arms.

This wasn't supposed to happen. They had a plan, and a very solid one, at that. Clarke and the Grounders were going to come and get them out, and the two broken families in front of Bellamy were to remain untouched, to live the rest of their lives in their sealed homes. That had been Bellamy's one request to Clarke and the Commander: that they tried to spare the lives of the innocent in Mount Weather, especially the ones that helped them. Especially Cullen Vander.

In their short time of knowing each other, working side by side with a common goal of rescuing the innocent sky people and Grounders from the torturous leaders of Mount Weather, Bellamy had taken a liking to the Vander female. She was simple, straight to her points and deadly loyal, able to overcome any obstacle if she was given enough time to think. She had risked her entire existence to help Bellamy and his people, going as far as to almost getting herself blown up in the process. Outside of all the courageous people he already knew, Cullen Vander had opened a new space in Bellamy's mind of what audacious meant. And this in front of him, a weeping girl crying over her Father's dead body, was the last thing Bellamy wanted for her.

They didn't stay in the Harvest Chamber long after Julian died, Bellamy determined to get the four people under his nose to a safe place where he'd be given time to figure out what happened. On their way to an airlock that led into the tunnels surrounding Mount Weather, they obtained two hazmat suits for both Cullen and Maya, Bellamy assuring them both that they would find more tanks of oxygen before the ones attached to their shoulders ran out — in her nature, Bellamy expected Cullen to argue, but she didn't say a word. She hadn't said a word since her Father died.

Reaching a door that led out into the tunnels, Bellamy pressed a key card against the reader, silently thanking the Gods that it flashed green and beeped the door open. With his gun raised in one hand, the other reaching to catch the door, Bellamy pushed it open to reveal Octavia and Clarke, both clad in black armor, both with their weapons raised.