032: we are destruction

thirty two

thirty two . . . we are destruction
( february 23, 2150 — luna's rig )

          HAD SHE THOUGHT about staying? Absolutely, because what sane person wouldn't consider staying aboard an isolated oil rig, in the middle of nowhere, far away from any danger that offered to harm them? But, did she walk behind Bellamy, Cla...

          HAD SHE THOUGHT about staying? Absolutely, because what sane person wouldn't consider staying aboard an isolated oil rig, in the middle of nowhere, far away from any danger that offered to harm them? But, did she walk behind Bellamy, Clarke, and Octavia towards a shipping container that would take them back to land, where every day, something new would threaten to kill her and the people she cared about most? Absolutely, because they were her people.

Cullen had debated back and forth with herself, seeing clearly the appeal to want to live out on the ocean, in peace with the Boat People. It was harmonious, a sanctuary she, and the rest of Skaikru, had rightfully earned after everything they had been through — the counter argument was the fact they had been through it all together, from start to finish, their loyalty remaining in those they could trust. And though she sometimes lacked thereof, Cullen trusted the people that were kind enough to take her in, and make her one of their own.

What Luna had said to her about refraining from telling Clarke about her Nightblood still hung closely above Cullen's head, the Vander female pondering whether or not she trusted Clarke to protect her against the threats that came with her blood. She was still unsure, despite being one hundred percent on Clarke's side of things now that they were preparing to leave the oil rig.

"Where's Jasper?" Bellamy asked, turning to look back on Cullen and Octavia.

"Saying goodbye to his new friend." Octavia replied.

They approached the shipping container which had just docked, several Floukru members stepping out from the metal room. A man, who Cullen recognized to be the same man that collected them from the shore that previous night, stepped out in front of Luna, who led the four Skaikru people to their awaiting ride.

"Sorry, Cap. You gotta take them back." Said Luna, before she turned to face the departers. "You get your weapons once you land."

"Inside." Two men pushed either of the Blake siblings inside the shipping container, Luna fending off the one who went to do the same to Cullen. As Bellamy walked into the entrance, his eyes met Cullen's, who sent him a small, subtle shrug, her attention going back to Luna.