010: fears and assurance

ten

ten . . . fears and assurance
( october 30, 2149 — mount weather )

          "DAD, ARE YOU home?" Cullen called as she pushed open the door to her residence, Bellamy following closely behind her

"DAD, ARE YOU home?" Cullen called as she pushed open the door to her residence, Bellamy following closely behind her. Jasper and Maya had been with them, but branched off to go and find Vincent, who they were assured would help them hide the delinquents from Cage and the Guards. Cullen didn't have much option but to talk to Julian, as Bellamy was already escorting her to her residence when he said that was the plan. "Dad?"

Bellamy clicked the door shut behind himself, the heavy Guard boots he was wearing creating the most sound against the floor. He hovered by the small couch as Cullen ventured further into their residence, moving towards her Father's room to see he was in fact, not home.

When she reappeared, Bellamy was looking at a framed photograph on the table beside the couch. It was a photograph of Cullen, Julian, and Gracelyn, a few months before Gracelyn died — it was the only photograph in the entire residence Cullen cared the littlest bit about. Even though her Mother didn't look quite like herself, it was the state Gracelyn wanted her daughter to remember her in; for whatever reason, Cullen wasn't sure.

She watched Bellamy stare at the photograph, a somewhat pained expression laying upon his features. He seemed to be upset over their smiles, and the memory the photograph held.

"Uh," Cullen cleared her throat, stepping presently into the main room. Her hands were lazily pushed into the back pockets of her jeans, green irises meeting Bellamy's as he turned away from the photograph, "he's not here. He could still be at work, or having dinner."

Bellamy looked away, thinking to himself for several seconds. Cullen watched him, wishing so thoroughly to know what thoughts went through Bellamy's mind to make his brows furrow over his eyes, and his lips curl downwards. "What's the possibility of your Dad agreeing to let them stay here until we leave?"

"If I talk to him before he sees anyone — very likely." Answered Cullen, satisfactorily to Bellamy. "He doesn't agree with what Cage is doing, and wouldn't turn innocent people away. I'll just need to talk to him as soon as he gets home."