07. (Be) Prepare(d)

Shorter chap. Also expect an Alphonse Elric (babey emojj) x Reader soon im love with he and I miss him
--

"WE ONLY HAVE two weeks left," pointed out Mirio.

"Yup." (Y/n) munched on licorice as she played Mario Kart on her cell phone.

"You guys feel ready?" asked Hado.

Tamaki smacked his head against a wall, giving them their answer.

"Um. . ." (Y/n) sweatdropped.

Mirio waved it off. "Don't worry, he always gets like this before the event! Remember how scared he was last year?"

(Y/n) chuckled fondly. "I do." A suggestion popped in her head. "If you want, we can train together. As a group. Togata-Senpai, Neijire-Senpai? Mayhaps Amajiki-Senpai?" She looked at the two.

Hado put a finger to her chin in thought. "I'm already training with Yuyu, so I'll pass! But good luck you guys!" She gave them a grin.

"Sure, that'd be nice!" agreed the blond cheerfully. "Is it gonna be for sparring, or general use of our quirks?"

She scratched her head nervously. "I don't really like sparring. . . Especially not against my friends, it makes me really nervous," she smiled. "But we can do that! Either way is fine!"

He gave a thumbs up. "Sounds like a plan! Well Tamaki, you in?"

The ravenett looked back at the two, then at the wall again. ". . . Okay," he finally murmured.

"Yes! Plus ultra!"

"Plus ultra!!"

• • •

Golden rays of sunlight glimmered down in the late spring, but not as fierce as the other weekend when she was at the Art Center for community Service. It was good, since they'd be working hard.

Mirio practiced side-stepping through walls and such as (Y/n) turned the other way, teleporting to the opposite room he'd be in. It was good practice, since if one of them messed up she'd be exposed to something not pleasant. But it was really a lose-lose situation for her more than him.

Bamf!

"POWA!"

Bamf!

"POWA!"

Bamf!

"POW-oh hey Tamaki!"

Bam- (Y/n) crashed into a weight machine.

"(L-L/n)-Chan?" hesitated Tamaki, dropping his small backpack and scampering over to her.

She teleported out of the mess and stood up proudly. "It's okay! I'm okay!"

He let out a small sigh of relief, and his mouth formed into a squiggly line of anxiety. That way his lips curved down almost resembled fangs, which (Y/n) couldn't help but laugh at a bit.

"Tamaki! Now that you're here, let's try sparring! Sparring sparring sparring!"

"Will you please put on a shirt. . ."

"Sure thing!" He tossed on a soft green T-Shirt and some large shorts as quick as he could, and put his hands on his hips. "Well? Wanna practice??" he asked excitedly.

"Mmm. . . I didn't eat a lot of f-food yet, so I might be a little weaker than usual," he informed before kicking off his shoes.

On cue, a stomach growled. Actually, it was (Y/n)'s.

Jesus that was loud! "Oh really? I can, um, buy some, like, food or something for us to eat, since we all must need some," she smiled with a red face from the sound her stomach involuntarily made. "Yeah yeah meat and stuff, any special requests?"

"Taaaakoyaki?" mumbled Tamaki. "Maybe chicken. . . Anything is really fine."

"I'm cool with that!" Mirio gave a thumbs up.

With that, (Y/n) teleported to the door. "Kay-Kay, bye bye!" she waved before opening it and slamming it shut.

The borrowed gym room was silent for a moment, but Mirio laughed. "What a silly kid!"

Tamaki nodded his head a bit. "Yep," he mumbled, quietly agreeing on autopilot.

(Y/n) waited in line a few minutes later, ordering the food she said she would at a restaurant close by. The real reason she chose to go, aside from the empty stomach, was because of Tamaki sparring. It was a strange reason - why wouldn't you want to see your crush practice for such a special event?

Something told her it'd put more pressure on him to perform better, even just for practice, if someone like her was watching so close by. That's usually how it was for her, except vice versa (a person she has a crush on watching her) even if she always hid it because she didn't want to be rude to anyone.

Still, with the Sports Festival and everything, there was no doubt a lot of people would be watching, even if it would decrease after the first years finished their fight. With Class 1-A gaining attention after a villain incident, the focus would primarily be on them.

Also the writer can't describe nor choreograph fight scenes for the life of them.

The total for both foods was enough for her to pay for, but she pouted at the fact that she didn't have a job to make money from while in High School, since her grandma rarely let her make anything from the Mateyana. Still, she was given some 3,200 yen a month, which was okayish if she was able to manage it wisely.

She teleported right outside the door to the gym room they'd borrowed for that day, and knocked as to avoid accidentally seeing her Senpai's jewels. When no one answered, she knocked again.

Once more, no answer. Curious, she opened it up herself and found the two lying on the floor, dead tired.

"Wh-Ah! Sushi! Takoyaki!" (Y/n) scrambled to get the food out and set it on the floor between them, nudging it for them to consume.

About twenty minutes later, they were sitting on the floor, leaning against the wall and eating up. (Y/n) slurped on some noodles as Mirio hungrily gobbled up chicken. Tamaki peacefully ate his octopus, and they sat in a relaxing silence.

"So you guys got too intense?" said (Y/n).

Mirio laughed. "Something like that! Tamaki was way too worried about fighting me, and we ended up competing on other machines here and tired ourselves out."

Tamaki groaned in response.

(Y/n) found herself giggling at the two fools, and patted both of their heads. The way Tamaki blushed and leaned into himself, but not necessarily in an uncomfortable way, went unnoticed as she thought, I really love these guys.

And it was true. She was probably the happiest around them, and that was good. She was okay right now.

She was okay.

--
There's a word for when people comment on your story consistently but done vote or follow - it's called extreme bullying 😔 😔 😔

Also I like disney songs