27. Too

"YOU, UH, YOU look really good!" complimented Kirishima with a blush on his face.

"Thanks, you too," (Y/n) fingergunned. "So what brings you here? I thought you had a field trip or something."

"Nah, that's next week! And right now, I'm just..."

From afar, a trio of third years watched the two interact. (Y/n) seemed very cheerful, and that boy with black roots on his red hair appeared more nervous than when he initially walked out now that he was talking to her.

"Are... they dating?" said Tamaki quietly as he stood with his head against a wall. They got along so well, it made something in his chest grind.

"Doubt it, she looks more socially awkward than flustered," answered Hado in a pleasant tone.

"That's kinda harsh," Mirio replied to her.

"You have no room to talk," Hado scolded, then put her attention back to their (h/c) haired underclassmen. "They seem friendly enough though. I think she's actually forgotten about us at this point."

"It's not a surprise when we're 5 food stalls away from her," Tamaki narrowed his eyes at them. Currently, they were standing in front of some food booth, waiting. There weren't too many people near them, but a lot in the space between the separated parties. "In any case... Does this mean a complete stranger is gonna be joining us?"

"She might wanna invite him, but I dunno," Hado shrugged.

"Normally, I'd say the more the merrier, but," Mirio put his hands on his hips contemplatively. It remained unsaid that with Tamaki, he might be uncomfortable around someone he didn't know. Not to mention the uncomfortable look on his face. "Let's ask!"

The raven haired boy expected them to join her, but instead, Mirio began making obnoxious arm signals to get her attention. He stared shamefully at Mirio's attempt to ask from afar, almost tempted to go up himself.

"Ah! She noticed!" Mirio beamed when the (Y/n)'s eyes turned to them. He proceeded to make various arm signs, making fwip fwap sounds as he waved them around. "Is your - friend - gonna - join - or - are - you - gonna - stay - with - him?"

"Mirio, I don't think she's gonna get that, I don't even get it," Tamaki glanced at him with uncertainty. "Is it supposed to be sign language?"

"Oh, she got it!" Hado chirped when they saw (Y/n) nod at them.

"Seriously?"

Yes, I knew you'd understand! Mirio grinned.

Rather than make any response, (Y/n) began mimicking Mirio's own hand signals, much to the confusion of the red head in front of her.

NOOOOOO, STOP COPYNG WHAT I'M DOING (Y/N)-CHAN! His mouth went agape in frustration.

(E/c) eyes blinked in confusion, but she seemed to understand that was not the correct thing to do. She turned to the Eijirou boy, said something, and... kept saying something.

"Are we being ignored completely?"

"I think so."

Finally, after a few more seconds of chatter between the two, she waved at the redhead and hurried over to her original group. Hado and Mirio sparkled with happiness on her return and gave her hugs.

This is like a dog returning home, isn't it? Tamaki observed.

"Hey fellas," (Y/n) smiled as she handed a little baggie to Hado. "By the way, here's your freebie!"

"Wow, thanks, (Y/n)-Chan!" Hado gasped as she took it, the little goldfish swimming along in the bag.

"What's that?" Tamaki pointed lightly to something else she held in her hand that was obscured from that angle.