32. Nebula

Commemoration to when my chapters used to be 1000 words not 4000. Basically this is short and nothing happens. This book is gonna end soon.
--

"THE WEEKEND HAS arrived, Tamaki!" (Y/n) spun around the spinny chair of his room, twirling around as she put an emphasis on each syllable of his name.

"So it has," he agreed, watching her spin faster and faster. It made him a bit dizzy, but was mildly entertaining.

"I'm bored," she whined, spinning faster and faster, before coming to a sudden stop and looking at him. "Date?"

"D-Date?" he repeated, blushing. He adjusted the thin hoodie he had on, looking at the ground. "If... If you want..."

"Yes! Where should we go?" Her eyes sparkled. She hopped up and was prouncing everywhere. "We can go to a museum, or an aquarium, or the movies! Though, with my Quirk, ahem, we can do any of that, if I do say so myself."

"Mmm... What about somewhere nearby?" he suggested, watching her with an interested face. Like a puppy.

FUCK! HE'S ADORABLE! She jumped into the spot next to him, absolutely ecstatic. "Sure, I don't mind! Oh, but if you wanna do something quiet outside, that's fine too."

He laid his upper body down on his bed. "You're really happy today."

"Am I?" She hummed, then smiled down at him. "Well, yeah, I guess I am! Because I'm with you!"

Tamaki.exe has stopped working.

"T-Tamaki?!"

"I-I'm fine, I swear..."

He'd covered his face with one arm, making her laugh a little. He was embarrassed so easily, it was so cute. "Hey, give me your hand."

Tamaki lifted the arm covering him a bit to glance at her, but quietly obeyed and rose his free arm on his left. She took his hand. Her palms were warm, rougher than he thought. Nonetheless, he was quick to adjust and welcome it. "How come?"

"I just wanted to hold it," she answered cheerfully.

Yeah, he was like a broken steam engine in flames as he squirmed some more, and she wrapped her hands around his thin, but large one happily. It was smoother than she thought, and a bit bony too. She enjoyed touching his hands, and making him so flustered.

"Hey! You're amazing!" she said.

"Ahhhhhhh... Thaaaaanks..."

"I like the way your hands feel!"

"Th-Th-Thanks," he mumbled, shaking a bit. He was literally on fire the more she complimented him, he wasn't used to such direct words, so she must've wanted to savor each reaction. Now that they were in a relationship, (Y/n) was attacking him so fiercely.

"The way you blush is cute! I like how your voice sounds when you talk! Your fringe is wonderful too!"

(Y/n)'s attacks were each striking him which 100% effectiveness, and he was gonna melt into a puddle if she kept it up. His hoodie made him feel suffocated in the heat his body was producing.

"Y-You don't have to... You'll run out of compliments eventually..."

"Nonsense!" she countered with determination. "I'll never run out of things you amaze me with! So you have to accept it! We-We-We're dating, you know, so you have to accept it! Yeah!"

Tamaki didn't look at her, but didn't object. It was just overwhelming to be showered by praise, especially by his girlfriend-he was still in shock, in a state of disbelief at this turn of events, baffled by how lucky he was to be blessed by someone so patient and supportive. (Y/n) was an angel.

Just as back then, just as now, he actually enjoyed hearing her kind words that left an indelible impact on him each time, no matter what. Whether it was the way his eyes shined, or how his colors looked good on him, or how he scored on a test, it left him fuzzy and warm. He was a bit of a moron for waiting so long for this, but he'd appreciate it for as long as it lasted.

And so a date out, their first date, was just them playing video games in his rooms, with him teaching her how to play a game she'd never played before, and (Y/n) getting the hang of it right away. The worry that she was disappointed, even slightly, at the fact that they were staying inside after all, never left.

But true to her word, (Y/n) was absolutely thrilled to be with him, no matter where it was. He saw it in the nebula of her smile, and stars in her eyes. There were flowers in each of her radiant expression, it felt a little selfish to have this galaxy all to himself.

"You use this to aim, and this to shoot," he pointed on the control in her hands.

"Like this?" she asked, trying it out herself on the screen in his room.

"Mhm." He smiled, she was learning quickly. "You're already better than I was when I started."

"Well, I have a great teacher!" (Y/n) grinned, radiating enthusiasm.

Too bright. Tamaki had to look away, covering his mouth.

"Eh? Tamaki?"

"It-It's fine, just defeat everyone with a red marker over their heads."

"Okay!"

Am I in love? he questioned as he recovered from her dazzling aura that nearly blinded him. Sure, he'd accidentally said love when the worked through their issues and decided to do the dating thing, but that part slipped up. Now that he thought about it, was it his subconscious alright telling him that without his realizing? Had he been falling deeper and deeper into the depths of this thing trapping butterflies in his stomach?

"Tamakiiii, I killed the boss! What do I do now?" (Y/n) beamed.

"What? Oh, now's time for a cutscene, so you don't have to do anything," he explained, nodding to the screen where the main story was just advancing and cramming in exposition.

"Ooh, sweet," (Y/n) whistled. "Hey, you better not just be making you finish the game for you."

"I'd never do that," he claimed, adjusting his position so he had one leg up and one pointed to the wall, mirroring hers.

"Hmmm, then teach me how to use different weapons," she smirked at him, as if she was gaining some kind of advantage from it.

"Um, sure," he agreed. Internally, he was quite happy to be relied on so much. "So once you find a safe place away from enemies, you can check your inventory, like this."

"Oh wow."

"This button lets you check the different weapons you have, and this one..."

His voice trailed off a little. His hands were hovering over hers as he taught her how to do different things related to what she'd said, but she was a little distracted. Her plan of findings ways to subtly touch was working, and she was quite pleased.

"Do you get it, or do you wanna switch to easy?" he asked.

"I can play this on hard with my eyes closed!" she claimed, puffing her chest and taking the control in her hands. "But I shall keep it fair and play on intermediate. Don't wanna get too crazy."

"Well, it's a game about killing people and blowing things up," he hummed contemplatively.

"Still though," (Y/n) blew raspberries from her mouth childishly.

She leaned down, pressing her head against his shoulder. It was movement in a way that let him move away if he wanted to. Although he seemed to twitch a little, he didn't protest, so she fully relaxed with her cheek pressed against his shoulder as she played.

"Am I doing it right?"

"Mhm."

"Are you fine like this?"

"... Yeah."

From being so close to him, she could tell. He was oozing warmth, from his collarbone, to his neck, to his face. He was so nervous, it was so cute. She hoped he kept oozing that warmth, that Suneater, despite that oxymoronic statement.